The Antonio Brown thread

NFL on Reddit is all up in arms because Mort is reporting that AB hired social media consultants to give him advice on what to do to get cut.

In the Australian Football League, teams consult players as to where they would like to play before trading said player. The idea being that in a free country like Australia, employees should have a say in where they live and work, even if those employees happen to be Professional Athletes.

2 Likes

That’s some next level Freddy kruger type shit.

1 Like

The Patriots needed a roster spot for receiver Antonio Brown.

They have made one.

New England waived safety Obi Melifonwu on Monday, Field Yates of ESPN reports.

The Raiders made Melifonwu a second-round choice in 2017, but he has played only seven NFL games. He appeared in five games with one start with the Raiders as a rookie and played two games for the Patriots last season after signing in November.

The Patriots had Melifonwu among their inactives Sunday.

The team also cut tight end Lance Kendricks, who was on the Patriots’ reserve/suspended list last week while serving a one-game suspension.

Kendricks has played 125 of a possible 129 games in his career since the Rams selected him in the second round in 2011.

The NFL reportedly does not plan to investigate the circumstances that led to Antonio Brown’s departure from the Oakland Raiders and quick signing with the New England Patriots.

Peter King of NBC Sports reported the league will also not look into “whether it set a precedent that if a star player doesn’t like where he is, he can act up for three or four days and drive a team so crazy that it will release him.”

1 Like

Better Bosses = Employees who don’t want to leave the Company.

It really is that simple.

1 Like

I just looked at his Patriots page on Spotrac, and because of this Parliamentary Maneuver, AB is taking up less than $6M in cap in 2019.

Gah, we’ve got some wicked smahhht bastids in our front office.

Patriots are still not showing what number he will wear on their roster page at Patriots.com.

19-0 confirmed.

2 Likes

I heard ths live. I love his response. Just epic.

1 Like

Curran is a dink

1 Like

He certainly has become one. The last few years. Liked him a great deal before that.

I at least give him a little credit for getting an answer.

Brown accused of rape.

If he did it, he deserves to have all the books thrown at him.

The fact that this appears to be a civil lawsuit rather than a criminal complaint makes me suspicious, though. :thinking: