Felgah and maaz venting thread

the Ravens are an old-school offense, hell Emory Bellard deserves credit for this team!!

1 Like

The simple reasons this is even discussed are…

A. It is a play package that is showing lots of success in the league and against the Patriots. So even if you just run it in practice you are at least helping your defense.

B. The offensive system is struggling at the moment with aging QB who needs more from everyone else…and it seems not there. So this leads to desperate need to try new looks since status quo option gets more frustrating every week.

1 Like

I find B to be wrong, yes Tom is aging but the lack of offense around him is staggering. I would take the '06 line over this team’s line even today - and they are all retired!! Add in Graham and Watson to This team and you have a totally different look, shit I take David Thomas over everyone but Gramdpa Ben!!

And other than Edelman, who can get open?!

We are Blaming Tom but you have to factor in the total package.

1 Like

Exactly.

I am 100% sure that the Patriots D is practicing against their weekly opponents offensive scheme. We did it 30 years ago is HS, I’m sure its occurred to the GOAT coach.

Taysom Hill and Lamar Jackson are effective at what they do when lined up at QB because they put pressure on the defense to defend the run and the throw. The Patriots don’t have anyone on their roster that has Hills skill set, let alone Lamar Jackson. I am 100% certain that if the Patriots had either of them (or anyone approaching their abilities) on their roster the GOAT coach would utilize them.

But they don’t. As I’ve said before Hill is mostly used as a short yardage battering ram when he is lined up at QB. With Brady’s QB sneak ability and a couple of good RB I’m not really sure that someone duplicating Taysom Hill is all that necessary. Expecting Edelman or Meyers to duplicate what Lamar Jackson is doing because they were QB in a former life is just crazy. Neither would put any stress on the opposing D with their arm. Defenses would stack the box and dare them to throw.

Jackson is an elite athlete with triple elite speed. He is special and you can’t just say copy it.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Perfect.

There does seem something different about this year like with Brady seeming to be butt hurt. But damn that that was the narrative last year too after the ESPN article about a rift between he and the organization. They couldn’t win on the road and everyone said they were done and going nowhere, fans included. How’d that work out.

A pissed of TFB is the best TFB.

And never forget this is Hoodies team. I suspect they will will start rolling again.For crying out loud they’ve lost 2 games and the offense was at the top of the league til a few weeks ago. And even with a 50% completion percentage Sunday Brady still through for 326 and 3 touchdowns. The cat has thrown the most passes and has the most completions in the NFL this year.

Well it’s a combination of scheme and talent. Half the world wants to dismiss scheme or keep it secret. Haha. I would say Edelman would be great in that scheme. But he’s needed at receiver. Then again. Just use him and see what happens.

The TD Watson threw out of this scheme against Patriots was a lob to wide open TE. I could have made that throw.

Yer a god. HS qb for the win.

Thing is … scheme gets people open. In the Stale system Brady waits for separation like he would lock onto welker, or Edelman. Then he threads the needle. Like in OT against KC last year.

Now… He seems less enthused about throwing those perfect passes. And he expects the welker moves, or AB, or Jules when he’s not doubled. Um … Ain’t happnin.

It is mostly scheme with Bill in charge with the talent a bit less important.

Have you not been watching this team for 20 years?

They have won on scheme with far lest talent over the years and every time we say this Belichick’s greatest accomplishment.

What will we say this year?

the risk of Edelman getting Jacked up is not worth the reward that the play more likely than not would fail.

1 Like

I agree with everything here except the word “desperate.”

Yes, the Patriots need to try something different on Offense, because what they are doing now clearly is not working.

However, and you have said this yourself … you tune the plays to your players, not the other way around. They just don’t have the personnel to copy what Baltimore is doing.

They have had bursts of success running the hurry-up. I don’t know why they don’t try that more often. It would have been difficult last week, given that half the team had the flu, but assuming that wave has passed, maybe that happens more often going forward.

1 Like

Yep. I see it coming back into play in the near future but as far as the flu thing being over, Canon had to come out of the game for a series Sunday and was coughing his brains out in the locker room after the game over a week since he came down with it.

Oh… You mean like getting jacked up catching the ball over the middle…? The point is that a 5 yard option running play is better than a Brady scud thrown over Myers head.

You really think it is a 5 yard gain, I suggest they lose 5 yards… so lets average it out to a net gain of zero and a wasted play - 2nd and ten!!

You need to try it since it’s working for 3 other teams. Your scenario is just status quo. If you have something different… Post that.

Tom pops his head out of his butt and stops moping

Josh simplifying the play book so everyone gets on the same page.

Bill returns to finding the strengths of his players and put them in the best Role to succeed.

The WR’s/TE’s actually catch a ball and hold on to it.

2 Likes