College Football Thread

Adios, Utah.

Oklahoma deserves the spot the Utes were gunning for.

Unless Georgia comes back, or either Ohio State or Clemson screw the pooch tonight, we are looking at OSU-LSU-Clemson-Oklahoma.

Memphis, Boise State, and Appalachian State all won their Conference Championships, so it looks like Memphis will get their obligatory crack at the Big Boys.

LSU destroyed Georgia; Bulldogs had better be out.

Clemson is rolling.

Ohio State is on upset alert. Wisconsin has them on the run.

Oklahoma has the better record and better story. Get ready to have the Jalen Hurts redemption story shoved down our throats for the next month.

Badgers woke a sleeping giant in the first half.

Not the first time something like that has happened on December 7th.

I will repeat my prior prediction, for convenience:

I was just responding to this. TV gets their wish. The three best teams and the best story.

:money_mouth_face:

I didn’t know there could be two more-or-less famous people in the world named “Joe Castiglione,” but, here it is.

Well, the Bowl Schedule is out. I was wrong about one thing … they put LSU back in the 1st seed. I think OSU might be a better team, but this is a playoff, so they will have the chance to prove it on the field. Can’t ask for fairer than that.

Here is the rest of the Bowl Schedule on ESPN.

The other notable Bowls will feature:

• Rose: Oregon vs. Wisconsin
  • Orange: Florida vs. Virginia
  • Cotton: Memphis vs. Penn State
  • Sugar: Georgia vs. Baylor
  • Citrus: Alabama vs. Michigan
  • Outback: Auburn vs. Minnesota
  • Alamo: Utah vs. Texas

And of course, near and dear to my heart:

• Cheez-It: California vs. Illinois

We get the No Bowl a For You Bowl.

:cry:

1 Like

I’m not sure that is much more than marginally better than the Cheez-It Bowl, to tell you the truth.

On one hand, I guess it’s good for the players on an average-to-better team like Cal to get a little more experience playing one more game against another average-to-better team like Illinois.

On the other hand, I counted 42 Bowl games (with 84 participants) on that page, and I think there are 130 teams in D-1 FBS. That means more than half the teams out there get a bowl game, which sounds like the old NHL Adams Division, where 4 out of 5 teams made the playoffs. You played a whole season just to figure out if Hartford, Quebec, or Buffalo would be the odd team out, which cheapened the regular season.

On the other other hand, when I was in the Air Force stationed at Barksdale, the Airman’s Club sponsored cheap-ticket trips to the Independence Bowl every year, and the year I got to go, Air Force was one of the participants … and they won. Yeah, it wasn’t the Rose or Cotton Bowl, but it was a memory for me.

The bowl games provide extra practices which can be beneficial especially to the younger players

I think its fairly common for teams in non championship bowls to practice their older players little to none leading up to bowls. Operating from memory but I’m pretty sure Spurrier did that while he was at SC. One reason why good teams often vastly underperform in bowls.

1 Like

Here are the standings for some D-3 schools.

so FSR are 0-3 with a 48-127 point differential - I need to bust some nuts of kids I know who played there.

my friends kid plays for Bridgewater now, another guy I know has a DL at villanova. there are more but its cool watching them continue to play.

Ugh…got caught up in Dr Who and missed the beginning of the LSU - Oklahoma game.

21-7 LSU

Oklahoma player ejected. Blatent targetting

LSU TD

28-7

Complete sentence requirement

LSU interception.

Blowout alert

TD LSU

35-7

I know sentences

Joe Burrow 5 td passes in the first half. Still 8 min left