Whatcha Listening To? The Music Thread.

For some reason I just love this song so much. Not a big country fan, maybe it’s the drunken memories associated or just the fun ass lyrics. Dunno. But it’s great.

1 Like

I often get up with my brothers band and we do this song. Same thing, it is the drunken memories lost.

1 Like

Since I brought up Napoleon’s invasion of Russia in the Patriots’ game thread:

Fun Fact: Napoleon’s nephew Achille Murat ended up moving to Florida and marrying a great-grandniece of George Washington. The couple had no children, though, otherwise I’m guessing their descendants would have been genetically disposed toward leading armies?

Summer. 1990. I’m 20 and staying a week at a rental house during first week at Myrtle Beach with 20 raging rednecks. I Got Friends In Low Places has been out for a few months and my housemates think it is the greatest song ever created.

They play it on a loop continuously for a week. I listen to it roughly 45,000 times.

I. Fucking. HATE. That. Song.

2 Likes

Yeah I can see that.

The big question is, what the hell are you doing with 20 rednecks?

and never play a song on a continuous loop, never!!

The core of the people staying there was 4 sisters and their friends. I was a friend if a friend that got invited last minute. Didn’t have a bed. Just a blanket and a space on the floor.Only time I ever got blackout drunk. Was sitting at the kitchen table downing screwdrivers one second, the next I was waking up on a mattress on the beach behind the house.

Apparently when I passed out they put me in one of the downstairs bedrooms, where I promptly threw up. So the took me and the mattress out back.

Luckily some other dude banged one of the sisters drunk virgin friend and so I was only the second least favorite person there.

2 Likes

Damn. Great story.

uhh

Sorry joolz.

1 Like

Criminally underrated emo punk rock band. Probably because they are from Canada

“Keep swinging my hand thru a swarm of bees
Can’t understand why they’re stinging me
But I do what I want
I do as I please
I’ll do it again til I get what I need”

I don’t exactly know what it means but I just threw away all my honey.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Caught a documentary on Netflix this weekend “Who do I think I Am” about Clarence Clemens.

If you are a fan of the Big Man,I highly recommend it.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like