Last book you read and rate it.

George RR Martin Says Coronavirus Has Led to More Work on The Winds of Winter

Posting on his site Not a Blog, Martin said he’s doing well in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak. “For those of you who may be concerned for me personally… yes, I am aware that I am very much in the most vulnerable population, given my age and physical condition. But I feel fine at the moment, and we are taking all sensible precautions,” assured Martin. He continued, “Truth be told, I am spending more time in Westeros than in the real world, writing every day.”

1 Like

Through about 400/1100 pages of Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.

Hitler just bluffed his way into getting the Austrian Government to allow Nazis in their cabinet.

They’re doomed.

1 Like

Man oh man that’s a massive book lol!!

Finally comics are being produced again. The new Flash didn’t disappoint.

10/10

1 Like

Batman issue 91! Very good and they are setting up something big with this villain The Designer. Cat woman and Batman’s relationship hangs in the balance as she had a secret she told him of her past. Also an awesome fight screen between Batman and Drathstroke

10/10

Batman issue 92. Dc put a temp hold on comics. Just got released last week. Fantastic issue and loving this storyline with this new villain The Designer. Looks like Batman will finally have an encounter with him next issue 93. Can’t wait. 10/10 solid action and great art!

Batman issue 104

Tynion keeps on amazing me!!! 10/10 on this issue, except some of the art early on sucked. I hate when comics have multiple artists. Seems unnecessary to me. Regardless, good read

Ninja turtles issue 112. By Kevin Eastman and Tom Waltz

Ongoing story line since Splinter died 12 issues ago. Turtles basically trying to survive and find their way through the world… they have team with other mutants and now want Sally to run for Mayor of the mutant animals. Very good issue, curious to see where this goes. The comics are so graphic…

Might read The Shining

I loved the movie. I heard the book is even better.

1 Like

The book is fucking tremendous. The movie is great. But read the damn book. Wow.

One of King’s best, really.

Had a beautiful English teacher at my private school, a Mormon no less, have us read it and watch the movie and break it all down in 9th grade.

Like I said, just tremendous. Do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooooooh I think I definitely need to pick it up now!!!

Thanks for letting me know my man.

1 Like

There are a lot of comic books in this thread.

I am re-reading Wheel of Time for the Umpteenth time as the premier for the TV adaption drawers near. Sometime in November on Amazon.

2 Likes

I am very interested in this and seriously excited for October 22nd for the release of the New Dune movie. Theymay have finally done it some justice this time.

1 Like

Hahha, yes I am a comic nerd… Definitely guilty of that. I read a lot of Spider Man, Flash and Batman.

This looks interesting, I really should try a grown up book one of these days lmao.

1 Like

I am avid about this time frame and the people involved in it. As my hubby calls H, my boy. That is simply because I dive into documentaries, books, movies, stories, and so. Anything and all that I can read up on I do. I have now added WW1 and Korea to my exploding head. Sheesh. But H I devour.

1 Like

My hubby is all over this with the last movie, the books and so forth. Me not so much but it is nice to see him get so excited about it even when it is all he will talk about. LOL

1 Like

It is.

I have the book, it is on my to read list.

Ninja turtles issue 120
10/10. Great art and awesome storyline. Been a fun read. Very graphic as well lol