China and the NBA

would be nice, he isnt a total PITA all the times

1 Like

Do you think it would be possible for you to fess up? If so, perhaps we could move forward.

There’s no hope for mikie, however.

Goodbye.

1 Like

Okay.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/11/maybe-woke-nbas-hypocrisy-china-has-awakened-us-consumers-about-their-own/

Right from the beginning she blew it by saying they are capitalists. While they and the companies she mentions certainly enjoy what a freer type of market system provides them they, in their brains tend to think the opposite if they think at all and not just regurgitating what they’ve been taught.

And to be clear what we have in this country is not capitalism, never has been and no other country has ever attempted it either. At least not in the true laissez-faire sense.

The rest is pretty good and I didn’t know about what happened in Philly somehow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/the-day-the-nba-fluttered-before-china/2019/10/07/21638f14-e926-11e9-9c6d-436a0df4f31d_story.html

Excellent. And borrowing a word from the previous article Adam Silver, Some owners and most of the players are spineless. At the very least they are clueless or maybe a bit of both.

I’ve studied China since the late 80s (whatever info I find that was uncensored) That government is an abomination.

The Celtics’ Enes Kanter is another matter entirely. This guy has the balls to call out true crimes against the individuals in his home country of Turkey and he and his family’s lives are in danger every day and night even here in the States.

1 Like

Kanter may have issues going to Toronto to play ball since his passport was revoke.

1 Like

This is pretty interesting by Brad Stevens.

1 Like

One of the guys that got kicked out, Hedger is someone I’m familiar with from the Competitive Enterprise Institute. They do some great stuff.

#FreeHongKong

1 Like

Hong Kong deserves at the least the moral support of the US. They are fighting for their liberty from a massively oppressive and violent expansionist China.

They are singing our National Anthem. Carrying copies of our Declaration of Independence, they all stopped for a moment of silence on 9/11, they are reading and reciting our founding fathers. They want what we have and we are saying virtually nothing except some pointless and toothless bill by the House.

What they dont need is the wealthiest group of athletes in this country siding with those despots trying to crush the rebellion.

They have every right to say what they want but if this was the NFL I dont think the owners and coaches would be so thrilled judging by the kneeling issue.

The NBA wanted its players to speak out on political and so called “social justice” issues. They are reaping what they sowed. And the backlash is beautiful to watch.

1 Like

See, look at that, you CAN link an article without disingenuously trying to claim it as your own work.

Progress!

A great man once said “If you focus on the writer you miss the story” (don’t remember who said it so I’m sure this doesn’t pass your test).

How about discussing the issue? This is why I work under a pen name. I did some dumb shit when I was young but want the message to be the focus.

Discuss the message.

this is insane.

that video is nuts

1 Like

“And if you steal the writer’s story, you are a plagiarist.”

I don’t know if anyone said that, but I’ll say it.

China’s President Xi Jinping has issued a harsh warning against dissents as protests continue in Hong Kong, saying any attempt to divide China will end in “crushed bodies and shattered bones”.

Yeah, someone you should be supporting Lebron. WTF?

1 Like

yeah and he is asking for Morey to be fire, you know because they are a democracy of good will

1 Like