Bogey

i hate bloom with a passion. worst GM in redsox history.

3 Likes

So much :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::weary:

3 Likes

Absolutely brutal, but I honestly saw it coming folks. I’m not shocked.

Forever grateful for what he did for the sox. He will be missed. Damn this sucks

3 Likes

Story will take over at SS full time I guess now?

2 Likes

11 years, WTF.

Sorry to see the 30 year-old player go, but will be glad it’s not the Sox paying him when he is 41, though.

Story was always the insurance policy for this and the Sox still have some flexibility as Kike and Arroyo are options at 2nd, or they could go after a guy like Dansby Swanson to play SS and keep Story at 2B.

3 Likes

This is so true Stan

What an insane contract. I liked Xander, but for that amount I’m glad he’s gone. He won’t be doing shit the last 4 years of his contract anyway. What a waste of money

These contracts are getting absolutely out of hand. I swear, it’s not the love of baseball anymore for these guys. It’s who can get paid the highest amount. Beyond sickening.

Call it what it is , but I think a lot of these contracts are cursed. They get a huge pay day and a lot of these guys end up sucking. They lose their love for the game and chase all the money in the world. I love Xander and what he did for the team, but we will be fine. Hope he does well In San Diego.

2 Likes

With Tyler & Stan on this. Good for Xander getting that contract but I’m glad the Sox didn’t try to match it.

2 Likes

Baseball is getting out of control man… They simply need a salary cap like the other leagues. These contracts are just disgusting lately…

2 Likes

I agree with the contract; fing ridiculous. What Judge got also. I remember Arod’s contract which pales in comparison to this.

How much money does a person need?

3 Likes

Guess $162 million was not enough for a 30 year old SS. Ill miss him but no thank you. The team needs are great to use this much on one person. Im with Tyler.

They made a six-year offer of around $162 million, reports Alex Speier of the Boston Globe.

3 Likes

I work my ass off to the point I feel dead some days and I make 50,000 a year… These baseball players are now getting contracts close to a half billion dollars. It’s just getting out of hand honestly.

3 Likes

There are some people that defend it too… I have seen on facebook… They say “wouldn’t you take the highest money you could get” there is a difference between taking the highest paid job, and a contract worth 300 million dollars lol. It’s just insane what these players are getting paid now days to throw ball, or skate and shoot a puck, etc… I am all for paying great players good money. We will likely have to do that with Devers, but some of these contracts are just outrageous.

3 Likes

By the time this contract is in year 5, 25mil/yr probably won’t seem that high compared to new contracts at that time, by year 11 it will be minimum wage the way these salaries are going. At least they actually have a potential superstar SS in waiting in Mayer. I’m guessing that’s why they weren’t trying that hard to keep Xander. Still sucks though. Who is the leader on this team right now?

4 Likes

Welcome Jay! Hope you stick around and post more on this forum! Always love seeing new posters here!

I agree completely about Xander. By the time he is 35, he will not be a powerhouse anymore… That contract is insane given his age…

I don’t know much about Marcelo Mayer, but I think he will be fantastic for us… I guess for the time being we really don’t know what to expect… Story can go back to being SS which I think he will be and then we figure out second and first base for now. The leader of this team will be Verdugo, Story, and Devers depending if he stays or goes… It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with this offense. Pitching still needs to be a high priority as well. This team has some work to do, but signing Jansen as closer certainly helps.

Guessing the starting rotation will be
Sale (assuming he is healthy which he never is)
Pivetta
Houck
Whitlock
insert name

Bullpen is anyone’s guess what will happen there, we need a lot of improvements but unless they keep whitlock in the bullpen and call someone to be in the starting rotation, but I think the project was to have Whitlock start in the rotation for us if he was healthy.

3 Likes

Welcome, Jay. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome to BSU, Jay. Hope to see you around.

2 Likes

Haha thanks, I was looking for Sox Planet, not sure if that’s any indication of how long it’s been since I posted anything Red Sox :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We are way better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This I thought was Sox Planet but re named.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Negative, this is Tyler is Sexy Planet… They renamed it though because too many women were coming on to me. Once I got married, I just couldn’t deal with the attention anymore.

3 Likes