08.05.22 - Red Sox (Winckowski) @ Royals (Greinke)

Starting this early. Shameful loss against these guys. Playoff chances getting further and further away.

Frustrating

Well at least NFL is back.

3 Likes

Good morning, everyone

Have a great day :revolving_hearts:

Sorry for dipping out early last night. I was very tired for whatever reason

3 Likes

Good morning, everyone :revolving_hearts:

Enjoy your day!

3 Likes

Still haven’t read it coffee

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Morning all. Have a great day!!!

2 Likes

Good morning everyone. I’m about doing errands with my son. A song just came on the radio I like. I start car dancing. He just looked at me and said don’t.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

More :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Summer baseball for my boys is over and as far as the Sox are concerned, I am just watching for the sake of catching baseball. No more expectations from me but of course, I am rooting for a turnaround.

Also, I completely forgot Greinke was back in KC.

3 Likes

Lmao get it Muse!!! Keep up the good dancing hahah that is awesome!

3 Likes

Sounds good Stan. Do you watch football? I take it you are a Patriots fan? You getting excited for NFL season?

I am a huge Colts fan, Muse is a Patriots and panthers fan. Jack is a Colts and Panthers fan.

3 Likes

Don’t forget I fired the Browns

3 Likes

Hope it was a fun baseball season for you & your boys.

3 Likes

Now we’re going under the tv stand

2 Likes

:rofl: at Leo under the TV stand.

2 Likes

For Jack. Angie’s #flashbackfriday picture.

You’re welcome coffee

2 Likes

Yes, I am a huge Patriots fan. I was a season tix holder from Bledsoe’s rookie year through 2009 (my boys were born in '07 and '09 so I was ready to watch from the couch with them by this time).

I never wished for the Brady-era to end here but I am kind of enjoying the rebuild. I never realized what it must be like for Yankee fans until the 2000-2010’s Pats as it started to feel more like a goddamn stressful job.

3 Likes

Very nice!! Thanks for always thinking about me, Joolzie

2 Likes

You’re welcome, Jack. I edited my post because I didn’t miss it “yesterday.” Today is Friday :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Thanks, brother.

For their teams, it was pretty forgettable. But they had fun and my oldest (who I suspected may be done after this year) missed a lot of time because of other commitments leading up to his freshman year (including). But he was 14 playing in a highlight competitive level and contributed with the bat and glove when he was there. Much to my dismay, he does not put in the kind of work on his own that I would like. He is going to try out for HS baseball last year for a D1 HS and he may be in for a rude awakening. However, he has shared several times that he missed baseball on days when he could not be there and I’ve seen him go out and hit off the tee, etc. a bit more as a result. Challenge for a dad to both A) push him to do what he needs to do to make that team, and B) be mentally prepared for him to be running outdoor track next spring. :grin: But I am hoping his experience with football (he’s been training since June) lights a fire under him.

My youngest who is 13 pitches (older one does not) and had a real tough time with his control - to the point where he didn’t pitch at all for at least a month. Before we went camping, his team was getting trounced by an undefeated team and it was the 2nd to last game before he playoffs (and we were going to be away for the 1st playoff game). He goes in with the bases loaded, induces a grounder and then K’d the next kid. One run scored on the grounder but it had already been about a 7-run inning. Next inning he comes in and K’s the side on 10 pitches.

He was so efficient that they started him the next game. He went 3 innings (he’d never gone that deep before due to his control problems) and allowed 2 unearned runs. They won the game.

We were away for game one of the playoffs but our team has the best SP in the league so we (thankfully) won the game my son missed. All of a sudden, he is the game 2 starter in the playoffs. Game didn’t go well for the team as the ball never got out of they infield in the first but the D behind him booted the ball around to the tune of 6 errors before they recorded the first out. Brutal. Despite that, he pitched into the 5th (!!!) and the score was 7-4 when he exited (final score ended up being 12-4). He was just out of gas and walked the first 2 batters of the 5th. In his final 3 appearances, he pitches 8.2 innings, and the only two earned runs he allowed in that span were the inherited runners that scored on a double off the P that relieved him in the last game.

While I truly care more about how the overall team does, considering where he was at with his pitching, I am so happy he has something to build off of for his confidence. He is a good ball player and if his pitching could come around, he will be a lock for the HS team next year (he is only a year behind his brother).

Anyway… long post but this place is about baseball and baseball is a constant in my house (and it’s not like the Sox are all that interesting to talk about!)

3 Likes