Wild Card Standings

1 Like

I believe so yes because the Sox won the overall season series against the Jays and Marinersā€¦ So that extra game should be in Boston as far as I know.

2 Likes

Lol, itā€™s confusing a bit Joolzā€¦ Letā€™s just hope that doesnā€™t happen and we make that final wild card spot without playing the extra gameā€¦ All depends if we can sweep this series and hope for the Jays and Mariners to lose at least a game in their final series.

2 Likes

Vinnie Barbarino- love it.

2 Likes

MARINERS LOST!!!

This is huge!!! Basically now, we control our own destiny. If we win the next two, we are in. No tie breakers, no nothing. Even if the Jays and Mariners win out it doesnā€™t matter. We just need to win our next two games

This is going to be quite the intense finish.

2 Likes

Not asking a lot. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Okay, so where do we stand now? Do the Sox have to win today?

2 Likes

If we went today we host the wild-card spot. The Yankees losing their last two games and a swimming the last two, we hold the tiebreaker. So if we win today we have the top wild-card spot and we host either the Yankees or the Mariners

2 Likes

Um, what if we lose today? Season ovah?

2 Likes

Nope. If Seattle wins or jays win they are tied with us and we have a one game match with one of them to determine who makes the wild card.

1 Like

Letā€™s just hope we win.

1 Like

And jays are still in the thick of it too. What. A mess. We will find out more after today what itā€™s looking like.

1 Like

Can there be a three-way tide? If so how does that work?

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe so. They can only do a one game spot. Sox if they tie with Jays and Mariners would qualify for the game because we own the season series against both teams.

I believe they would have to determine who won thr season series between the Mariners and Jays. Whoever won would then play Boston for that last wild card spot.

2 Likes

Just read up on it.

Just need to win

1 Like