WEEK 3 · Jets at Patriots - Sun 09/22/19 · 1:00 PM EDT

CBS / WBZ

98.5 FM The Sports Hub

The New England Patriots return home this week coming off a dominant 43-0 road victory over the Miami Dolphins — a game that was never particularly close, and that served as another reminder of the Patriots’ depth and talent on both sides of the ball. Their upcoming opponent, meanwhile, is heading into Week 3 with some major questions after getting blown out themself on Monday night with a final score of 23-3.

After all, the New York Jets are sitting at 0-2 and have scored only one touchdown during their first two games while having temporarily lost starting quarterback Sam Darnold to mononucleosis and his backup — Trevor Siemian — potentially for the year due to an ankle injury. Add it all up and you get an idea why the Patriots are entering the matchup between the two teams as enormous favorites (via Odds Shark):

Odds: Patriots -20.5

Over/under: 46.5

After already being favored by 17 points last week (and ultimately winning by 43), oddsmakers expect the Patriots to again win in blowout fashion in Week 3. The two teams’ recent performances in combination with the Jets’ questions at quarterback certainly do not make this an unreasonable projection even though three touchdowns is a lot. Then again, New England does has arguably the best offense and best defense in the league.

odds today are: At New England -22 NY Jets 46 -$3000 +$1200

Dallas over Miami is a 21.5 line with 47.5 over.

Over seems a lock this week.

This game will mess with people in my opinion. Jets defense is pretty solid and I think they make the game at half somewhat close like 17-7 or something but the final will be 40-10 Pats lol.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2019

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (2-0)

OUT
FB James Develin, Neck

DOUBTFUL
No Players Listed.

QUESTIONABLE
LB Shilique Calhoun, Not Injury Related (DNP)
OT Marcus Cannon, Shoulder (LP)
TE Ryan Izzo, Calf (LP)
TE Matt LaCosse, Ankle (DNP)

NEW YORK JETS (0-2)

OUT
QB Sam Darnold, Illness (DNP)
LB Jordan Jenkins, Calf (DNP)

DOUBTFUL
LB C.J. Mosley, GroinWR Demaryius Thomas, Hamstring/KneeDL Quinnen Williams, Ankle

QUESTIONABLE
OL Kelvin Beachum, Ankle
WR Josh Belamy, Shoulder
RB Trenton Cannon, Ankle / Hamstring
DL Steve McLendon, Hip
S Rontez Miles, Hip
G Kelechi Osemele, Knee
CB Brian Poole, Groin
OL Brian Winters, Shoulder

brown released

1 Like

I am very interested to see what this cat brings to the fullback position.

Ach du Lieber.

It’s too bad they don’t still Sebastian Vollmer around, to block for Herr Johnson.

You reckon that if Jakob sticks around long enough, they will revive the “Teach the Patriots to Speak German” videos?

1 Like

Oh I didn’t give my prediction for this game yet.

It will be close in my opinion. Jets might even tie it up with a rushing touchdown

And then after the first 5 minutes the pats should run away with it. Final score 75-7 Pats.

1 Like

Jesus Christ dude. Knock your chick up in Oct or Nov so the baby us born in the off season.

:grinning::joy::grinning::joy:

2 Likes

He obviously didn’t follow the Patriots mantra. “Put the team first”. Jerkface. :slight_smile:

Touchdown!!!

Oh fer fuxx sake Gostkowski.

Touchdown!!!