Week 2 - Patriots at Dolphins - Sun 09/15/19· 1:00 PM EDT

After watching the Patriots trounce the Steelers 33-3 on Sunday night, oddsmakers are basically expecting a bloodbath this week when New England travels to Miami.

In the early odds for Week 2, the Patriots have opened as a 14.5-point favorite over the Dolphins, which probably shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone, considering Miami lost its opener by 49 points to Baltimore (59-10).

Although it’s not that odd to see the Patriots favored by 14.5 or more points in a game, it is odd to seem them favored by that many points on the road. As a matter of fact, even though the Patriots have been the best team in the NFL for years, this week will mark just the second time since 2009 that New England has been favored by at least 14.5 points on the road.

The last time it happened came in December 2012, when they were favored by 14.5 to beat the Jaguars in Jacksonville. The last time they were favored by more than that 14.5 that their favored to win by this week came in October 2009 when they were favored by 15.5 to beat the Buccaneers on the road.

Miami’s team could be filled with 1 legged midgets in skirts and I still wouldn’t take the Pats by that many points. For some reason New England struggles in Miami regardless what kind of team the Dolphins have. Yes I fully expect the Pats to win this but more like 31-21 or something.

it is 18.5 on many and climbing

1 Like

I remember it like it was yesterday,

Oh wait. It was yesterday. I have every Pats game from 1995 on on my computer and just watched this game last night. :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

best TD against Miami was this one, Troy raises his hand for Matthew at the end, a brave child who fought cancer, his dad was a member of a different site I am a member of.

Throwing it back to 2003.

An 82-yard TD pass from Brady to Troy Brown in OT caps off a wild win in Miami. #TBT pic.twitter.com/fEB3s1xg2D

— New England Patriots (@Patriots) December 6, 2018
1 Like

The New England Patriots (1-0) and the Miami Dolphins (0-1) announce the following injuries and practice participation.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2019

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (1-0)

OUT
No Players Listed.

DOUBTFUL
No Players Listed.

QUESTIONABLE
RB Brandon Bolden, Hamstring (LP)
OT Marcus Cannon, Shoulder (LP)
TE Matt LaCosse, Ankle (LP)

MIAMI DOLPHINS (0-1)

OUT
S Reshad Jones, Ankle (DNP)
WR Albert Wilson, Hip/Calf (DNP)

DOUBTFUL
No Player Listed.

QUESTIONABLE
LB Trent Harris, Foot (LP)
DE Charles Harris, Wrist (FP)
S Bobby McCain, Shoulder (LP)
C Daniel Kilgore, Shoulder (FP)

Boy, I just watched BB’s PC today:

And he was very relaxed, almost friendly at times, and gave some great Xs and Os insight I thought. I really enjoyed this one.

2 Likes

Who are the EEEjits who keep trying to get him to comment about Antonio Brown’s twitter account, or about decisions that Goodell might make about Antonio Brown?

Let’s go.

RT Cannon OUT for game.

They’re throwing it to AB like they won’t have him next week. :thinking:

Well. That was a nice first drive. Love how well Brown did, but concerned no one else was targeted.

I think Josh McD deliberately opened up this way to demonstrate that AB can still catch a football in this league.

If the Fish don’t put their best DB, or two DBs, on AB then keep throwing it to him.

If they do, then someone else is open.

He’s got them coming and going.

1 Like

Colts have a lead at half time. So there’s that.