Awful, terrible news: Tim Wakefield apparently has brain cancer
https://x.com/GerryCallahan/status/1707384331369382212?s=20

2 Likes

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2 Likes

So terribly sad. I hate cancer

2 Likes

How awful :cry:

I hope Schilling had permission to release the news. I wish I could insert a Tweet here because Catherine Varitek had something to say:

“Fuck you Curt Schilling, that wasn’t your place!”

3 Likes

I apologize for the hijack and inserting drama into the thread. My thoughts are still with Tim and his family.

1 Like

Sounds like Schilling definitely talked out of school. That man angers me on many different levels.

1 Like

From the article:

10:29 AM PT – The Red Sox just confirmed Curt Schilling did reveal Tim Wakefield’s diagnosis without the former pitcher’s permission … saying in a statement Tim and his wife’s “health is a deeply personal matter they intended to keep private as they navigate treatment and work to tackle this disease.”

I agree with Catherine Varitek.

1 Like

This

1 Like

1 Like

Holy shit horrible news.

I generally heart every comment but didn’t with this one. That is horrible news :disappointed:

2 Likes

Agree with Mrs. Tek.

2 Likes

No apology needed, Schilling is a complete assclown for doing this.

I am not sure if any of you clicked on the twitter link in my OP post it contains a snipit from the podcast and the manner in which he sets it up is nonsensical to me.

I think Curt Schilling is arguably the best postseason pitcher in the modern era and should be in the HOF. I am indifferent on his politics, but one thing that cannot be denied: He is an absolutely intolerable blowhard and I think it’s time for him to go away for a good, long while.

3 Likes

You summed it up perfectly, 3PS

1 Like

Oh, my. Wake’s wife, Stacy, is battling cancer too :cry:

3 Likes

Oh my god. :disappointed:

3 Likes

It totally surprised me. Did we already know about het diagnosis? I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Curt probably didn’t know about it or else he would have mentioned it

2 Likes

For sure. Idiot.

2 Likes

So very sad :cry:

3 Likes

Statement from the RedSox:

Our hearts are broken with the loss of Tim Wakefield.

Wake embodied true goodness; a devoted husband, father, and teammate, beloved broadcaster, and the ultimate community leader. He gave so much to the game and all of Red Sox Nation.

Our deepest love and thoughts are with Stacy, Trevor, Brianna, and the Wakefield family.

3 Likes