The Witcher Trailer - Netflix - Late 2019

For those missing their GOT fix. Seems like its got a similar vibe.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that over the weekend, though I had to watch it twice once I learned the lead is Henry Cavill. I didn’t recognize him the first time. I played one of the games at one point, but this series is based off the books which take place before the games of the same name did.

1 Like

I haven’t played the games or read the books. But ill watch it. Seems right up my alley. I read season 1 will be 8 episodes. So even if its terrible it will only require a small time commitmemt

1 Like

Same here. But the trailer looks cool!

Set to premiere Dec 20. I guess Netflix must like what they see…

“Plowed through the initial screeners for Netflix’s THE WITCHER, and I’ve gotta say: I’m quite liking it!” wrote one critic. “I’ll have more to say about it when the embargo drops, but it’s well-cast, smartly-structured, and nicely paced. Good, solid pulp-fantasy nonsense.”

“Watching the screeners for @witchernetflix. I’ll admit, as a huge fan of the books, I was a little worried, but @LHissrich has done a masterful job telling this story,” another added. “It also helps that the cast is amazing! And Henry Cavill, just … wow. #TheWitcher”.

“Oh I will say this. The fight scenes in The Witcher make Game of Thrones fight scenes look like two drunks fighting outside a bar,” another added.

“I have watched the first two episodes and I can say this : – the best sword fighting scene I have ever seen. –

Ok so I just finished season 1. Here are some thoughts.

• This show is not GOT. Its not trying to be. If you go into this expecting GOT, you’ll be disappointed.

• The CGI is a little uneven at times. Probably not too surprising for a first season. It doesn’t ruin the show, there is just room for improvement

• The swordplay is absolutely fantastic.

• The show is a weird combination of some season long story arcs and a procedural Monster of the Week. Its also a weird combination of grim, brutal or just outright scary scenes and scenes played just for a laugh.

• This is not a kids show.

• Lots of brutal bloody killing.

• Lots of gratuitous boobsies and a fair amount if sex.

• By the end I think its pretty obvious that season 1 is mostly world building and set up for The Real Story in season 2.

I’m going to spoiler tag this but its more of a show structure spoiler, not a plot spoiler. There are plenty of clues right from the beginning. I picked up pretty quickly, but if you don’t want any details don’t click

spoilers

From the beginning the show is operating in three timelines. And since Geralt and the Mages don’t age like regular humans it can be a little confusing. They throw in hints, like talking in the distant past tense about a battle that you just watched a couple of scenes earlier. I think its their way of providing backstory without just doing straight up flashbacks.

Overall I really liked this show. Its got room to improve, but was still a show that easily held my attention. I watched all episodes in two sittings (4 episodes each time) but I could have easily watched all 8 in one sitting. I just started late in the day and didnt want to be up all night. Now that all the main characters have been introduced and put where they are supposed to be I think season 2 could be phenomenal.

Spoiler tags are not working

Figured it out. The details tags have to be in separate lines from the hidden text

spoilers

From the beginning the show is operating in three timelines. And since Geralt and the Mages don’t age like regular humans it can be a little confusing. They throw in hints, like talking in the distant past tense about a battle that you just watched a couple of scenes earlier.