Red Sox Minor League Affiliates

Just a quick breakdown of how things are going for each of the Red Sox’ minor league affiliates:

• Pawtucket Red Sox (AAA International League): 53-71, 12.5 GB, 4 games from being eliminated

• Portland Sea Dogs (AA Eastern League): Finished 27-40 in the first half, which was dead last. In the second half, they are 28-29, 4.5 GB, 9 games from being eliminated.

• Salem Red Sox (A+ Carolina League): Finished 25-42 in the first half, which was dead last. In the second half, they are 31-23, which puts them in first place by 2.5 games, with a magic number of 13 over the Potomac Nationals.

• Greenville Drive (A South Atlantic League): Finished 32-38 in the first half, good enough for fourth place. Currently 20-35 in the second half, which is dead last at 11.5 GB, 3 games to elimination.

• Lowell Spinners (SS New York - Penn League): Currently in first place, 3.5 games ahead of the Connecticut Tigers, with a magic number of 11.

• GCL Red Sox (Rookie Gulf Coast League): Currently in fourth place at 21-21, 7.5 GB, 12 games to elimination.

1 Like

70 min away

2 Likes

Great photo.

I am ashamed to admit that the only Red Sox specific minor league game I have attended was a Lancaster JetHawks road game, back when they were an affiliate.

Bucket list.

1 Like

Listening to the TuneIn feed of the WCAP call of tonight’s Lowell-Vermont game, and the radio dude is clearly NOT from Lowell.

I mean, this guy is pronouncing the ‘r’ in ‘Spinners.’

I thought it was pronounced “Spinnuhhs.”

Spinnuhs have a 5-game lead over their nearest rival with 4 games left to play for both teams.

I am fairly certain that means they have won their division. :thinking:

1 Like

I’m listening to the Salem Red Sox radio broadcast via TuneIn, because the SalemSox have a chance to clinch their Division in the Carolina League.

I can’t call their broadcast team “radio dudes,” because … this.

If I am reading this correctly, that’s Melanie Newman on the left, and Suzy Cool on the right.

1 Like

The Salem Red Sox just clinched the second-half Northern Division championship in the Class A+ Carolina League.

They will face the Wilmington Blue Rocks in the Divisional Round of the Playoffs beginning next Wednesday at home. Carolina League rules dictate that the second-half division winner gets home field advantage in this best two-of-three series.

Let’s Go, (Salem) Red Sox.

Cole Sturgeon just hit a walkoff 2-run homer to send the last place PawSox into the offseason on a high note.

It was his third homer of the game. Last player to hit 3 in a game for the PawSox was Mike Lowell.

3 Likes

Lowell Spinnuhs advance in extra innings!!!

Bad news on both fronts. The Salem Red Sox took a 2-0 series lead at home, but then lost the next 3 on the road to be eliminated in the divisional round of their playoffs.

The Lowell Spinners took a 1-0 game lead, lost the second, and then tonight, had a 3-2 lead going into the bottom of the seventh in the third and deciding game. Brooklyn came back with 2 runs of their own and made that 4-3 lead stand up to win the NY-Penn League championship.

1 Like

The rosters for the Arizona Fall League have been announced. Here are the prospects that the Red Sox are sending to play in Peoria. Their home field for this AFL season will be the Spring Training home of the Padres and Mariners, just up Loop 101 from where the Phoenix Coyotes and Arizona Cardinals play their home games.

OF Jarren Duran, OF Marcus Wilson, and SS C.J. Chatham have all been selected to represent Peoria and the Red Sox in this weekend’s “Fall Stars” game.

If you are interested, they are supposed to be streaming the game live at mlb.com/afl this Saturday at 8PM ET.

Edit: I think this is the actual link for streaming the game this Saturday.

1 Like