Jameis Winston wants $30 million per

3 Likes

no way he gets it, he is way to inconsistent for any team except the Jags, they may…

3 Likes

Lmao bahahahhaha Ya sure you’ll get that. 28 interceptions and yet to take your team to the playoffs. Give me a break!!! He puts up a lot of passing yards but that is about it. When the game is in the clutch, and he needs to step up he fails. He isn’t a terrible QB and I do think he can get better but no way a team signs him to say a 5 year 150 mill. Just won’t happen

I wonder if the NFLPA would allow Jameis to sign a contract that starts out at $30M per year, but then subtracts $1M for each INT he throws, up to a maximum subtraction of $25M (or equivalently, a minimum salary of $5M).

Both sides could agree to hire an independent expert to review videos of the INTs, and cut Jameis some slack on those that were caused by a receiver who should have caught the pass, but bobbled in the air for a defender to easily pick off. If they went down that road, though, the same arbitrator would have to subtract $1M for each time Jameis threw one straight to a defender, only to have the defender drop the easy INT because, well, he’s a defender.

This could get complicated … :thinking:

To throw even more complication into mix, what would be the Salary Cap implications of such a contract? :thinking: :crazy_face: :thinking:

3 Likes

Lol!!! That legit would be awesome! If he lost a mill per interception he would be bankrupt bahahahah

You do that and he would run more than Larry Johnson did in 2006.

2 Likes

Lmao, NFC Lamar Jackson except not even close to as entertaining.

1 Like