I spy Muse!

I have to admit I cackled when TEP said that. I mean out loud. Thank you for the laugh.

Now as far as your remark Tyler. I have so much I want to say but won’t.

A big con right off the bat is I am a huge Keanu fan so don’t agree with you in anyway, And to say he does better than Keanu in JW? You must be drinking the sauce early bub, LOL, because ah, NO.

LOL

To be honest you can’t compare the two, they are two different to say one is better than the other just in style, range and movie choices.

I do like VD back in the day, his later stuff not so much. And this is coming from a Frenchie here.

Anytime you have a role that is not your native tongue things will get lost as well as an accent that could be annoying. But VD and his older stuff in French, yes wonderful performances.

Keanu acting if you start from the beginning to now and the serious to the sily is pretty impressive. I am bias, I have no problem admitting that. But I toss in his humanitary endeavors that are becoming legendary. Put those two together and to me it makes a pretty cool human being-KR.

Him better than Keanu and JW? Ha. No.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

And one more thing my husband, knowing of my ah love?, for this human placed a poster of him on our door to our bedroom. The one from Speed or Point Break, not sure now which one, which I gave kudos to hubby. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Keanu is a fine human being and I have enjoyed many of his movies.

But he is not the most dynamic actor.

Though better than what I’ve seen of Van Damme (which is pretty much just Bloodsport and that other one around the same time where he keeps doing those silly splits.)

3 Likes

Oh, hubby calls him Wooden Boy, LOL, which I get, I soooooooooooo get.

Sometimes you have to put blinders on.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

That is totally fair, and I am not saying overall Van Damme is a better actor than Keanu but I am saying JCVD had way better acting than John Wick. My counter to you then is, what did Keanu do in John Wick that was notoriously good acting? When his wife and dog died, he didn’t do any actual cry scene, he barely has any lines in the movie lol… Again I am not saying Keanu isn’t a good actor, but he barely does any acting in the movie other than the same serious expression scene after scene… Van Damme also does some very good acting in Wake of Death.

I do like Keanu though because unlike most guys he doesn’t use a ton of stunt doubles. Take a look at the Bourne movies, half the movie is stunt doubles for Matt Damon lol. Tom Cruise is another that rarely uses a stunt double. I hate “action” movies where the lead actor uses a stunt double for just a basic kick. I have been in Martial Arts half my life haha, so it annoys me when so many stunt doubles are used for basic scenes. (jumping off a building, ok that I understand)

Movies in my opinion just aren’t the same anymore. In the 90’s if you paid for a martial arts movie like Bloodsport, Rumble in the Bronx you paid to see the lead “actor” do some serious ass kicking… And if you paid for the “acting” well that is on you lmao… Not many people watch those movies for the acting. And lets be honest… John Wick didn’t have great acting from Keanu. It’s basically him kicking ass for an hour and a half with very little to no emotion or lines.

End point, Van Damme CAN act and he can extremely well in his native tongue… If you don’t think that is good acting in JCVD, well then… that is on you lol. Critics on Rotten Tomatoes would bag to differ.

Now if you wanted to compare Van Damme to Keanu in say Sweet November, well then you would have a case. or to Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men… but Keanu’s acting in John Wick is not great lmao.

1 Like

By the way, I love a good debate :slight_smile: None of that is meant to be offensive or start a fight hahaha. I love nothing more than a good conversation except Manning vs Brady… Those turn ugly and I have been there done that too many times lmao. They are exhausting.

Keanu vs JCVD is a nice change of pace lmao.

1 Like

Silly splits hey!!! Don’t knock those. I do them daily l

3 Likes

Brady is obviously better. The GOAT with 7 rings and all that clutchness, man. Wanna fight? :rofl:

That said, as you know he is dead to me now.

Now THAT might start an argument with some. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly I have no problem admitting he is with Peyton behind a close second

I always wondered if Peyton had the defense he does with Denver if he would win more SB’s. Hmmmm

1 Like

From seeing it up close and personal for over 20 years I think it is the fundamental difference in organizational philosophy not just the defense.

The team of Kraft and Hoodie are second to none in NFL history. This organization just bleeds and breeds success flowing from it’s fundamental principles.

Bill, I assert afforded Brady the environment, coached and direction to develop and handled him to perfection, its what he does, gets the most out of all his players.

That takes nothing away from Tom cuz it was on him to develop in that situation. It was his heart, fire and driven determination that made him the the GOAT.

I have seen only one other player with Toms level of drive to be the greatest of all time with the incredible will to win and that was Michael Jordan.

One major difference though, MJ was phenomally gifted athletically, Brady, not so much. LOL .But much like Tom he had that fire and they were more clutch than any other players I can think of. When it’s all on the line they kick it into another gear and nail it far more often then not

Peyton has the gifts and the pedigree and training but it seems was lacking somewhere in that realm. Still a helluva QB. One of the greatest to ever toss a pig skin.

Bottom line, Brady started out sold, developed into all-world player second to none but it was Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick who created the culture of winning and the perfect environment for Brady.

Now, as the dynasty entersi it’s 3rd iteration let’s see what they do with Mac Jones. He has every chance and skill to be one of the all time greats. It’s up to him. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s impressive.

And just seeing it makes my hamstrings hurt.

2 Likes

I can’t even be mad at these comments man. You speak truth!!

Brady going to Tampa and winning again just shows how good he truly is

Peyton did so good later in his career but the choking from 98-05 is what tarnishes his career unfortunately

1 Like

Hahahaha thanks buddy!

1 Like

Also losing to the chargers in 07 and 08 was bad. Granted we would have lost to New England in the conf finals in 07 anyway but still. Losing to the chargers especially in 08 when they were 8-8 was just AAAAAAAH.

1 Like

Hey bossman. :grin:

What I just wrote above about Peyton and Brady im reworking to make it appropriate for a potential article on the Planet.

Do I need to do anything in particular to demarcate it as a hopeful article other than starting a new thread?

This one touches on a few touchy subjects so I think it ought to be interesting, at least think so.

1 Like

Your ballsy man lol. Anytime it’s Brady Manning it gets intense hahahahhaha.

1 Like

I don’t think so, though Mazz sounded like she was going to. My earlier suggestions of [article] or [opinion] in the thread title may work, but I’m open to anything.

2 Likes

Same goes for here. Can try to promote articles in the same way.

1 Like

I’m not doing the splits nude again!!! I don’t care if it promotes the site. It’s just too awkward dammit.

1 Like

My fave actor of all time

Kevin Bacon. His performance in Sleepers was unbelievable

A close second is Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone.

Lol jk on the last part.

1 Like