Gordon Hayward Signs With Charlotte

Gordon Hayward

26m ·

To the city of Boston, thank you for embracing me as your own these last 3 years. I cannot say thank you enough to all the fans, my teammates, coaches and everyone in the organization I built such strong relationships with. I know there were some ups and downs, but I will always cherish my experience in Boston. I am forever grateful that I was given the opportunity to wear a
Boston Celtics
uniform and play in front of the Garden faithful.

To the city of Charlotte, I can’t wait to start the next chapter in my career! I am ready to play for another incredible organization with the
Charlotte Hornets
. Let’s get it!

Looking now what they got for him.

OK, I don’t fully understand what went down. I mean he wanted to traded to the Pacers, turned down $34 million a year and signed a max contract for 4 years $12O milion with Charlotte.

Was he a free agent?

I’m really busy right now so if anyone can explain it I would appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Either way it’s epic that we now have 2 max contracts off the books. He and Kyrie, I believe.

Lot of big free agents out there for the 2 max contracts available.

Apparently there were not 2 Max levels available. The signed Tristan Thompson as a big with the Mid Level Exception.