Game Thread 10.01.21: Red Sox (Rodriguez) at Nationals (Rogers)

Good morning, BSU! :coffee:

Have a great day!

Go Sox!

2 Likes

Woohoo, today is my grandmother’s birthday on my husband side. She is grandma to me. She turns 101, yip, 101. My husband’s family on both side live long. I mean long.

Okay, I digressed early. LOL

Go Sox!

2 Likes

Happy birthday to your grandmother, Muse! :birthday:

1 Like

Thank you. I wish we could have gone up but we did last year when she turned 100. It’s my mom’s tomorrow, she turns 84.

Any birthdays coming up for you and your family?

2 Likes

Wow!!! Tell her happy birthday from us :blush: one tough lady!

2 Likes

Was a rough morning for us. Son having trouble breathing. Sounds like maybe bronchitis. Spouse is taking him to hospital today. He has calmed down a bit though but not sure what’s going on. Was a brutal morning.

2 Likes

He got his COVID test. Back negative so it’s not that. He’s coughing a ton and crying which obviously makes it worse. Gave him some Tylenol and he is better now, but might have a chest infection. What a day. Now at work lol.

1 Like

When granddad died he was 100. Someone really needs to do a case study on my husband’s family, mom and dad

She is one tough lady indeed in a tiny little body. LOLOL

Just said a prayer for him. I know that might go well on PP but I think here it is okay. I hope this gets better soon for you three. It is hard to have our little ones hurting.

2 Likes

Thanks Muse! I will keep you both posted. There has been a few kids sick in his daycare lately and it seems to be going around, so likely just a bad chest infection but makes for stressful days. Ugh toddlers. He was sick two months ago and now again for the last week. It seems they are more sick than healthy lol. It’s so annoying. They are such germy little buggers lol.

2 Likes

All my best to little Ayden. I hope he gets better soon, Tyler.

2 Likes

I remember my son’s time in daycare. Good grief almighty it was a s*** fest of coughing, sneezing, wheezing and more. And they just love to spread it around. LOLOL

Yes, thank you for letting us know how it goes.

2 Likes

I forgot to ask, how is Leah doing apart from this?

2 Likes

Thanks Joolz!!!

1 Like

It’s true! However another issue is kids just seem to have weak immune systems now. Our daycare has a hard rule. If they have a slightly runny nose even from allergies they go home (hence why we switched starting next month to a new daycare)

The guy I work with from India says kids NEVER get sick. I sometimes think certain daycares go way over board. I also have my doubts about our current one. It’s a home care and I think they get
Over whelmed and constantly look for ways to get kids to go home and yet still want full pay. It’s ridiculous

1 Like

She is actually doing much better!!! Thanks. Just stressed now hahaha.

1 Like

I agree with you. Growing up we did not have this issue at all. I never had a cold or sniffles. My mom’s secret was throwing us outdoors where it was a few degrees above zero, LOLOL, and it would be solved.

I went up when my son was very young, and my husband. Boy hubby had issues with the cold. LOL

My son had the sniffles. Mom said go outside and we did for 2-4 hours. He didn’t sniffle the entire time we were there after.

Things are just different and not always in a good way.

Glad she is feeling better minus the stress.

2 Likes

Completely agree Muse. I was the same way!!! I hardly ever remember being sick outside of just a handful of times. My mom said me and my brother hardly ever got sick.

Now, living with COVID we are so over protective (for good reason) but kids immune systems aren’t strong anymore. Sending a kick home every single time there is a friggin runny nose is just ridiculous in my opinion. My mom said my daycare NEVER sent us home no matter what. Now days, a kid farts and he is sent home lol. I find it’s ridiculous

But yes she is doing much better. Just dealing with a sick kiddo and she starts a new job Monday as well so I’m sure she is stressed haha.

2 Likes

That is a lot to deal with, both parents with new jobs, her recent pain and a sick kid, UGH.

You really could use a Sox and Colt win. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Isn’t that the truth… and the Sox have been bad and making us sad lately so that doesn’t help lol. Maybe they will finally get a win tonight… Ease the stress a tad bit, that would be nice lol.

2 Likes

And a much needed whiskey lol, depending how my son is tonight… If he is rough and I have to be up all night with him, then I will just have chocolate milk lol.

2 Likes