Game Thread 08.22.19: Preseason Game 3 - Panthers at Patriots

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (2-0) VS. CAROLINA PANTHERS (1-1)
Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Gillette Stadium (65,878)

The New England Patriots will return to the confines of Gillette Stadium for the final two preseason games after beginning the 2019 season on the road at Detroit and at Tennessee. The Patriots held joint practice sessions with both the Lions and Titans prior to the preseason games.

The Patriots will square off this Thursday against the Carolina Panthers in a preseason Week 3 matchup for the fifth time in the last six years and for the second straight season. The Patriots played at Carolina last season, a 25-14 loss.

BROADCAST INFORMATION

TELEVISION: This week’s game will be broadcast by the Patriots Preseason Television Network and can be seen in every New England state, as well as Alaska and Hawaii. The preseason network’s flagship station is WBZ-TV CBS in Boston. Bob Socci provides the play-by-play and is joined by former Patriots quarterback Scott Zolak in the broadcast booth. Former Patriots linebacker Rob Ninkovich will provide sideline analysis along with WBZ’s Steve Burton .

PATRIOTS PRESEASON TELEVISION NETWORK

Massachusetts
Boston, Mass. WBZ-TV Ch. 4
Springfield, Mass. WWLP-TV Ch. 22

Connecticut
New Haven, Conn. WTNH-TV Ch. 8

Maine
Portland, Maine WMTW-TV Ch. 8
Bangor, Maine WVII-TV Ch. 7

New Hampshire
Manchester, N.H. WMUR-TV Ch. 9

Rhode Island
Providence, R.I. WPRI-TV Ch. 12

Vermont
Burlington, Vt. WCAX-TV Ch. 3

Alaska
Anchorage, Alaska KYUR-TV Ch. 13
Fairbanks, Alaska KATN-TV Ch. 2
Juneau, Alaska KJUD-TV Ch. 8

Hawaii
Honolulu, Hawaii KFVE-TV Ch. 5

RADIO: 98.5 FM, The Sports Hub , is the flagship station for the Patriots Radio Network. A complete listing of the network’s 38 stations can be found here. Play-by-play broadcaster Dan Roche will call the action along with former Patriots linebacker Matt Chatham , who will provide color analysis. The games are produced by Marc Cappello .

This defense looks good, and the new punter already making a difference.

Van Noy hurt on a wicked sack of Newton.

If the Patriots’ two-back attack were a Japanese Monster Movie, they’d be called Sonysaurus Rex.

I’m at work…sorry I couldn’t participate more…

How bad was Cams injury?

I never saw what was wrong with him. Probably minor.

The WEEI guys said “injured foot.” Don’t know if it was broken, sprained, bruised, or amputated.

1 Like

I swear Cam should retire. Guy gets hurt every year.

1 Like
98.5 The Sports Hub

3 mins ·

Eric Reid’s hit has left Ben Watson battling a concussion.

1 Like

as pointed out on twitter, Ben is on recovery road with a 4 game suspension, but still - F that cheap shot crappola

Yeah, and apparently he and Eric Reid were having an online battle over political issues or something like that recently.

Nothing like Civil Discourse in the Political Arena, huh? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Right. Nutz.