Game Thread 06.16.21: Red Sox (Richards) at Braves (Anderson)

Yes, I fell.asleep but jus woke to see the bottom of the 9th with Sox up 10-7. Ottavino in to close it out.

10-8 and that’s a win. Just heard Arroyo hit a 467 foot grand slam. Video highlight wrap tomorrow morning.

Goodnight!

1 Like

Wow we won 10-8!!!

Joolz mojo rocks.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCbUmbS-3c8

1 Like

Offense came through in a big way!!!

1 Like

If my memory serves me correctly, we are 10-4 in our last 14. We are rolllllin

1 Like

Rare day off….

No baseball. Poop :frowning:

1 Like

From the Boston Globe ‘108 Stitches’

BATTING LEADOFF

ATLANTA — Red Sox clubhouse manager Tom McLaughlin lugged a pitching machine out to the field 90 minutes before the start of Wednesday night’s game against the Atlanta Braves.

The coaching staff wanted Christian Arroyo and Danny Santana to work on their bunting. The Sox have only four sacrifices all season, but you never know when a bunt will come in handy at a National League ballpark.

Arroyo and Santana dutifully worked on what has become a neglected skill throughout baseball.

“It never hurts to get some early work in,” Arroyo said.

Much later that night, when Arroyo came off the bench, a bunt was the last thing on his mind.

His seventh-inning grand slam gave the Sox a 10-8 victory.

1 Like

No kidding. What will I watch? :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Law and Order ?

1 Like

Possibly. I checked the channel guide and I may have seen the episodes recently. Oddly enough, both WE and Sundance are repeating frequently. Sucks because there were so many seasons.

1 Like

Well, new series tonight against the Royals! Should be a fun one, I won’t be watching much of the game as I will be watching the Canadiens and Golden Kngihts series, but I will be flipping back and forth and active on here :slight_smile: It’s friday night, so I will have a whiskey in hand!

1 Like

Ugh. 8:10 start tonight :sleeping:

1 Like

It’s Friday!!! Lol, have yourself some whiskey, or vodka, or a beer or wine or whatever and watch the game hahahaha.

1 Like

My situation is rather complicated. My disability requires taking meds before bedtime. So, I need to take my meds about 9:00 p.m. Sadly, they knock me out. If/when the games become more important, like playoffs, I try to take my meds later in order to watch more of the game.

Oh, and my drinking days are ovah too.

1 Like

Awe sorry to hear that :frowning: definitely makes things tough, and I know that first hand… I have very bad back problems (may eventually need surgery down the line) and take pain killers when it gets bad, and they also make me extremely loopy and send me to bed pretty much half hour after taking them… blah

1 Like