Game One 08.17.21: Red Sox (Houck) at Yankees (Montgomery)

Lots of baseball today, folks. A doubleheader in the Bronx with game one at 1:05.

Go Sox!

1 Like

I thought we were playing texas. Didn’t realize we got the Yankees again. This is going to be a brutal series. Yankees are red hot right now. Hope we can take one of two today.

1 Like

Me too. I forgot the Yankees were sandwiched in between. Two games against them today, one tomorrow night, Thursday is an off day and they play in Texas Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

1 Like

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

1 Like

I am nervous… This is a MASSIVE series with the yankees just a handfull of games behind us… This is the type of series that if they swept us would knock us out of a playoff spot and put them in. We really need to wake up and play good baseball here. We need the bats to come alive like they have the last 4 of 5 games. I am not expecting a sweep but damn if we can take 2 of 3 would be great.

1 Like

I am working today, so will miss the first game but will be around and try and follow on gameday if I can. It’s a busy day at work so far.

1 Like

I have stuff going on most of the early afternoon so I’ll be sporadically watching
(mostly on Gameday) :frowning_face: I should be able to catch the 2nd game and since it’s
7 innings it should finish before :sleeping:

1 Like

Let’s hope Houck has his usual good day. Can’t wait!

I love the announcers who for the last couple of days are complaining about an early game. I thought it was an 11:00 am start from how they were talking.

I love this time, at least I can stay awake for it. LOL

Woohoo, go Sox!

So glad I have NESN. I can’t take ESPN and their love for NY.

You guys may lose temporaily due to the TS and the heavy wind and rain we are getting now. Let’s hope the electricity last. LOL

2 Likes

Hahahha I don’t mind early games if I don’t have to work. Working during the week so usually miss them :frowning:

2 Likes

I don’t how the rest of you feel but I sure do like Eck in the booth. I really do.

Did that ball touch him? How did they put it? “The light touch of a ball hitting a player.” Or something like that.

2 Likes

Tie game. Knew this would be a tough one.

1 Like

We love Eck. He’s so damn entertaining. He’s really good to listen to!

2 Likes

We have a barn burner happening.

2 Likes

Down early but scored two to tie.

1 Like

Just like that Bogey gets us caught up.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Houck has been extremely good through 4. Hopefully the bats come through.

2 Likes

Eck is “a beautiful thing” :grin:

2 Likes

We have a lead!!!

3-2!!

2 Likes

Ride that cart big guy!

1 Like