Game Day a thread 08.28.21 - Red Sox (Nasty Nate) @ Indians/Guardinas (Quantrill)

I truly like how you think,Joolz.

I go home every year about 4 to 6 weeks to visit and check up on my mom she’s now in a home and has Alzheimer’s. That’s a topic for another day. But I know each time I see her she might not know me so not seeing her this year is hard. Covid and Alzheimer’s sucks.

1 Like

:heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

The game threads have become “random thoughts” threads :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

For sure. As you may know from another thread somewhere, I lost my mom a little over a year ago. She had dementia and was in a nursing home. The home closed the doors due to Covid on March 10th and mom passed on May 31st. I was not able to see her and FaceTime was a struggle due to her dementia and inability to hear (the staff lost her hearing aids). On top of all that, the funeral was limited to 10 people.

Damn, sorry my friend. :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks, Muse. It was a very rough couple of years. She wasn’t diagnosed with dementia until October of 2019 and that’s when she had to go to a nursing home because I certainly couldn’t care for her. Prior to that she was my caretaker :frowning_face:

1 Like

Okay, I’m stepping away to take care of some business and rest for a bit. Catch y’all later.

1 Like

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Ok, girl, see you in a bit

1 Like

Hey that’s a great idea Joolz!!!

Damn I’m sorry to hear that Joolz. That is heart breaking :disappointed:

Don’t know what I would do without my mom. I talked to her almost every day, she takes my kid nearly half the week. I don’t talk to my dad so my mom is pretty much all I have, and my parents in law who are awesome. COVID really put things into perspective and shows you how important family is.

1 Like

Lineup for today

Oh crap Joolz already posted. My bad.

I’ll be here for the game. Have to go pick up my son here but will be back in a while right before the game !

1 Like

I’m drinking chai tea. Mmmmm

Chai tea is wonderful, especially vanilla chai tea.

1 Like

Off from mom, now chilling until game until 5 pm

1 Like

It has. :blush:

1 Like

How kind of you to do so. Seriously, how kind.

:rofl:

1 Like