Coughlin fired

1 Like

Wow!!

Wow. I figured it would happen at some point. I think he will stay away from football now. I mean the guy is over 70. Just enjoy retirement now

1 Like
1 Like

Jag is absolutely over the moon about this.

1 Like

Crazy the Jags went from the Conf Final and giving the Pats a hell of a game a couple years back to this lol… Oh how things change.

1 Like

They said on the tv box this morning that Coughlin was requiring players to report for mandatory off season rehab sessions which apparently is very much against the CBA.

I think it was Leonard Fournette they fined 700 grand for not attending. The owner said he was going to fire Coughlin at the end of the season anyway but this revelation sped up the process.

What’s his take on it? Are Marrone and the GM next?

His take is that he was a good coach whose time has passed by him with with his old school hard nose style and was an abomination at talent evaluator. One example he gave was Foles massive contract.

1 Like

Also if the Patriots did this the national media would be set on Hatestorm and the talking heads would be talking about how many draft picks would be an appropriate punishment

I can’t find it on YouTube, but there was a scene in Boardwalk Empire where Al Capone’s brother tells him “You have to respect the boundaries.”

Apparently, Tom Coughlin doesn’t have a brother as wise as Al Capone’s.

1 Like

Are people implying that Coughlin is BB without the personality

2 Likes

Ummm… maybe at one point hahahah I think he’s too old now and lost his marbles.

1 Like