Celtics Summer League

I agree. I doubt he will ever be a stud, but man what a guy to bring off the bench for 12 to 15 min a game and disrupt the other teams offense.

The announcers doing the Celtics Grizxlies game couldnt stop raving about Robert Williams athleticism. One of them said he thought Williams was the most athletic player in the shop summer league. The guy is 6ā€™10 but moves like a much smaller guy. If they ever get his light switch turned on consistently he could be a stud.

Tacko Fall seems like a perfect guy to come in off the bench and disrupt the other teams offense. Elite rim protector for 12 to 15 min a game. Any offense you get out of him is just a cherry on top.

Grant Williams looks like the enforcer. Maybe a modern Rick Mahorn with an unexpectedly better jump shot?

I donā€™t know if they have the roster space but Tremont Waters is a pass first point guard who I think was the co defensive player of the year in the SEC last year. Again another bench guy to give Kemba a breather and harass the opposing teams guards.

Probably these guys end up starting in the G League. But seems like Danny A went looking for role players in this years weak draft

1 Like
1 Like

Carsen Edwards finishes up summer league with a bang. This guy is going to be instant offense off the bench. Read someplace a couple of days ago that the Celtics were having trouble running their offense at summer league practices because Edwards was so disruptive on defense.

This guy is going to end up being a HUGE steal for the Celtics.

Celtics sign Tremont Waters to two way contract

For those that donā€™t follow college basketball, Waters was the guy who was at the center of all the controversy that got LSU basketball coach Will Wade suspended (but somehow not fired).

Waters was a top recruit coming out of HS in Connecticut and had offers from all the blue bloodsā€¦Duke. Kentucky, Kansasā€¦ But Somehow :relieved: ended up at LSU.

As a sophomore in 2018-2019 he led the SEC in assists and steals and was named a SEC co-defensive player of the year, as well as to the 1st team All SEC team.