Breaking News: Hurricane!!!!!!

3:15 update

Stayed up most of the night to guard against looters. Caught a nap between 8 am and noontime. Just got back from topping off the gas in my truck. Its touch and go out there right now.

Current Weather conditions:

Hurricane level temperatures of 93-95 degrees. Pets and small children should be kept inside. When temperatures reach Hurricane Levels, dehydration can take place rapidly. Drink plenty of fluids and take breaks if working outside.

Hurricane level UV index of 8. Hurricane level UV Index readings mean very high risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure. Take extra precautions because unprotected skin and eyes will be damaged and can burn quickly. Minimize sun exposure between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. If outdoors, seek shade and wear protective clothing, a wide-brimmed hat, and UV-blocking sunglasses. Generously apply broad spectrum SPF 30+ sunscreen every 2 hours, even on cloudy days, and after swimming or sweating. Watch out for bright surfaces, like sand, water and snow, which reflect UV and increase exposure

Hurricane level of Humidity is 95%. Hurricane level humidity can have an adverse effect on the human body. Because the air feels warmer than the official, recorded temperature, it can contribute to feelings of low energy and lethargy. In addition, hyperthermia, or over-heating as a result of your body’s inability to effectively let out heat, can negatively impact your health in conditions of high humidity. Some health risks which result from overexposure to humidity (hyperthermia) include:

Dehydration
Fatigue
Muscle cramps
Heat exhaustion
Fainting
Heat stroke

Its going to be a long day.

Such a lovely place, such a lovely face

1 Like

Still alive?

When it comes right down to it, are any of us really still alive?

Anyway…its happening!!! Its really happening!!!

Quakicane!!!

https://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article218321385.html

942 update.

At work. Looking forward to driving home in tropical storm conditions in the morning.

Mantra at work: Nothing is worth doing unless it is done safely. Unless what you are doing is driving in a hurricane. Then its ok.

Dread Pirate Roberts:
Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you in the morning.

That’s how this hurricane feels. After a while the threat just becomes a self parody.

Good night, Thep. Good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you tomorrow.

-The Dread Hurricane Florence

I totally drizzled on me the entire way home from work, and there is a massive puddle in my front yard. Must be 3 or 4 feet across and like an inch and half deep.

How ever will you survive!!!

So we are getting the last bit of the storm up here today. Any chance the Sox get to clinch the division today, or total rain out?

So I drive to and from work over that dam. And around 8 am this morning I was driving over it, when this happened

They almost got me, but I gave them the slip.

1 Like

holy earth shaking moments TheAlmetToState, glad you were able to slip out of harms way!!

Theyll never take me alive!!!