Board issue

So it looks like yesterday we briefly had the issue of the site being unreachable, and then it happened again today. Looking into it, it appears we ran out of disk space. I deleted some backups to make room, but we are at 82% of capacity.

I have restricted file attachments for now. If you want to post a pic, hot link it from the origin site or open up a free imgur account and link it from there.

For what it is, Discourse hosting is kind of expensive, and increasing the disk space would probably be prohibitively expensive.

I am going to look into some other solutions as well, like not have locally stored backups. And see if I can figure out if there are other files taking up too much room.

4 Likes

Thanks Clown. Appreciate it. Sounds like a lot of work.

3 Likes

Yeah just in the small thread today, there are a couple of megs of images. So we need to start linking instead of attaching.

4 Likes

Ok no problem! Can do

3 Likes

Thanks for everything, UT. You rock! :clown_face:

3 Likes

He does rock.

I blame Tyler, he found a way for us to not put up Tubbies.

I was going to post lunch but will refrain.

3 Likes

Lmao at least one benefit comes from this.

3 Likes

There are a lot of free image hosters that you can upload to easily and then just post the link.

4 Likes

Post image is a good one!

3 Likes

In order to post pictures from images stored on my iPad (and I assume your phones)
postimages.org is working well for me. I do have to use “Direct link:” for it to work.

3 Likes

Thanks for giving 4 people a place to talk about baseball, broseph!

4 Likes

We can still post pictures that’s the main thing

1 Like

I thought we were told to be careful about posting pictures because of space?

2 Likes

You can post all the pics you want as long as they are linked pics hosted at another site.

2 Likes

Yup Van Damme there came from post images

1 Like

Than explain something. I did a picture on that site,Tyler, and than it gave me links. When I posted the link I didn’t get the image you did but a small insert.

Did I use wrong link?

2 Likes

Use post image Muse. And then use the second one called direct link

Give it a try

1 Like

I did use PostImage.

I just tested the image, I was using a diff link. Woot

2 Likes

Oh good!!

2 Likes

Thanks, Tyler. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes