11.10.21 It’s Wednesday! What’s happening?

Good luck. I swear those little bastids can get at anything.

3 Likes

Nye not really, cockatiels really don’t have the vocalization to do that. I have heard some cockatiels say some sentences and words which has always been wonderful to hear and just supports my thought that cockatiels are smarter than people might give them credit for.

Jasper TALKS all the time!

He has what I call Jasper sentences.

For example instead of saying look out the window he will say look out window, instead of saying how are you doing he’ll go how doing and instead of saying okay he will say k.

You understand what he’s saying.

He is very vocal he has such a wide vocabulary. The thing is he pays attention and he listens and he knows when to use them how to use them. It just blows my mind how smart he is and how he builds on his knowledge. Nye is the same way he may not speak but he builds on his knowledge and grows in that sense.

It’s just amazing being around these incredible animals. I love dogs and I love cats but these animals just blows my mind constantly

3 Likes

How to squirrel proof your bird feeders 101.

It is actually quite easy and don’t pay attention to those people saying put Vaseline on the poles. It is dangerous for all animals.

Please don’t use those slings that you see in YouTube videos because that’s dangerous for all animals as well.

Do I need to take a picture of it? I know this is a stupid question

What I did was I got a slinky and I attached it to the middle pole since my station has two poles and I have two setups

That is it. They’re not able to climb up. They can climb up but the weight pulls then down to all the way it keeps on pulling them down so they can never get up. You got to make sure your birds feeders are not near any trees or buildings where they can climb to your bird feeder sincethat defeats the purpose so mine is all the way out by itself.

I have had no bird feeder raided by squirrels in 3 years.

3 Likes

Two very excellent informative posts Musie!! Thank you.

3 Likes

I kinda dig when Joolzie is a little chippy.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I can’t stand those rat bastards. Joolz has heard me call them this so many times but it’s how it is.
She knows how I truly feel about them.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Yes three years in running the birdies in our yard have been able to eat in peace. It’s such a good feeling. Lol

3 Likes

Lot of squirrel hate. Maybe I should go the B-B gun route

3 Likes

3 Likes

Someone purchased me BB gun since they knew of my thoughts. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Woohoo!!!

3 Likes

Lmao if she lives on floor 12 absolutely. Sorry Joolz. You know what spice does to me :joy:

3 Likes

Lmao

1 Like

Hey muse

I laughed at this lol

3 Likes

I’m sleepy today folks. Holy smokes. Lol

2 Likes

Not enough coffee today even though I probably about about 4
Cups haha

2 Likes

Hope everyone had a great day though !!