WAAF - A PSA - Avoid a blown mind

She took me to see Yes at the Centrum. Second row.

not a rock show

1 Like

I often think that same thing, that that other place was an out-patient recovery activity for a schizophrenia treatment center.

the station returned and was shut down in 2016

https://wftq.webs.com/

It’s a different girl, then … and you and your girl were standing right behind us.

Well, good I guess. She was a mental case anyway.

Did she end up with Chris Squier’s towel?

I don’t recall. When you mentioned it, I am pretty sure she got something, but I don’t remember what.

Okay, at the end of the show, Chris Squier threw his towel into the audience, and like many bouquets at weddings, two girls got a hand on each end … my girl, and some crazy woman who pulled on her end, and almost started rolling on the floor going “mine, mine, mine.” My girl just let her end go and said “you want it that bad, you can have it.”

It will be the height of coincidence if your girl was the crazy one at the other end, but … I would think if they worked at the same station, then my girl would have recognized her.

Yeah, I think I likely would have remembered that. I think we hung out after the show was over for quite awhile and she got a roadie to give her something from the stage.

But we were in the same room together, albeit a large concert-venue-type room, and just one row apart.

Actually, looking up the tour, my time line was off. It was early 90s rather than late 80s. Which Yes tour did you see?

We started dating in the fall of 1987, moved in together in 1988, and broke up in the spring of 1990, so maybe it was the same girl, just at different times. :thinking:

LOL.

If it was, you cohabited longer than I did. I’m not sure we lasted a year in the same apartment.

I still doubt it. My girl wasn’t a mental case … we broke up because I was the jerk.

my link gave all names, you both can message me, an arbiter, to settle if she was one and the same!!!

Nahhh … I ain’t naming names.

1 Like

I wouldn’t either

Well, we’ve reached that point in forum development where a thread can go totally off the rails.

Excellent work gentlemen.

1 Like

Posted on FB. Sad but beautiful Friday night.

Listening to WAAF’s last few hours on the air in Boston for its true rock station.

Thank you Kat for the reminder.

End of an era. I listened on the first day they went live and now at the end.

Like one of Kat’s friends said. Bring on Liz Wild. She was epic and would be a great way to close out the station. Hell, I wanna hear from Opie and Anthony.

This is a great farewell.