Tuesday- 10-17-23 thread created by the Goblin killer

That is the only vet he will ever go to.

2 Likes

Glad you found a good one. I thought it might be difficult to find a good vet that can examine & treat birds.

2 Likes

She is fantastic. She has her own birds at the office to help calm others.

The last regular vet I went to have his wings clipped. They only did one wing for they said he can’t fly with one clips. But how they clipped it and how they man handled him was the last straw as I am yelling at them to get their damn hands of my bird as I tried to pull them of him. Two vets two techs holding him down as I am yelling at them and trying to get Jasper. It took all I had to not bitch slap all of them, I was too busy comforting him.

I told them he will be able to fly they said if he is bring him back but he cant with one wing clipped.

Jasper had NO problems flying with one wing clipped he did it easily. I did go back to tell him well guess what you all were wrong.

My poor baby.

The next day I looked up avian vets and was thrilled that there was one in the county. He has been going there since.

Damn %$%^% generic vets. I won’t go into how they man handled him it was horrible. My poor bird.

2 Likes

Yikes! Do not mess with our pets, #FAroundAndFindOut

2 Likes

Exactly. He is a rescue he has such bad memories from that and that crap happened. Don’t mess with our animals, I will treat them way better than I treat some humans.

2 Likes

They have a treat called millet sprays. The vet said there really is no nutritional value in giving that to the birds. I asked if it would hurt them, she said no. So, they get them. They get a joy of it, they love it and if it makes them happy considering they were rescued, then hell yeah they are getting it as often as they want it. My job and goal is to make them as healthy and happy as possible considering where they came from. Period.

3 Likes

And one more thing, LOL, when Jasper first came home I told him he was in his forever home, no one would ever hurt him again, they would have to go through us to get to him. We love him. I say this to him often.

Okay, am done on this topic for now.

#MusieKillerOfGoblins.

New sig on PP

LOL

3 Likes

From Sue just now:

Back home after blood work, Xray and ultrasound. Dr. gave him fluids, anti nausea and appetite stimulant meds.
Waiting Dr.’s final report this afternoon minus blood work results. Ike is walking around and ate a little bit thus far🤞

3 Likes

I did let Sue know you were thinking of Ike and wishing him the best. She really appreciates it :hugs:

She wrote: “Love back to you folks, appreciate it”

3 Likes

Hang in there Sue & get better Ike :hugs:

3 Likes
3 Likes

#Prayers for Ike and Sue

3 Likes

Idiot.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed. Joolz!!

3 Likes

Sounds good. I’ll try one!

3 Likes

How excellent!!!

#WhatADumbAss

3 Likes

Oilers at 6:00 tonight! Better win

3 Likes

#AtDoctorsAndGroup

3 Likes

For the first time in a very long time Ike jumped up on the table and sat on Sue’s newspapers while she was trying to read. His nose was in her face and she was getting head butts.

3 Likes

Way to go, Ike! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes