TENNESSEE TITANS (9-7) #6 at NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (12-4) #3 Saturday, January 4, 2019 at 8:15 p.m. ET. Gillette Stadium.

The New England Patriots finished as the third seed in the AFC Playoff Field following a 12-4 finish in the 2019 regular season. New England has now qualified for the playoffs for the 27th time in franchise history (21 under Robert Kraft), the 17th time under head coach Bill Belichick and for the 11th consecutive season overall. The Patriots will host the Tennessee Titans in the first round of the playoffs. It will mark the fourth time the two teams have met in the postseason and the first postseason meeting since New England beat Tennessee, 35-14, in an AFC Divisional Playoff game at Gillette Stadium on Jan. 13, 2018.

PASSING PERFORMANCES

Tom Brady will face the Tennessee Titans for the third time in the playoffs and eighth time overall. Overall, Brady is 7-2 against Tennessee and 2-0 in the postseason, with both wins coming at Gillette Stadium.

CONNECTIONS

FORMER TITANS

• CB Jason McCourty - Cornerback (2009-16).

FORMER PATRIOTS

• GM Jon Robinson - Personnel and Scouting (2002-13).
  • Head Coach Mike Vrabel - Linebacker (2001-08).
  • Defensive Coordinator Dean Pees - Linebackers/Defensive Coordinator (2004-09).
  • Cornerback Logan Ryan - Defensive Back (2013-16).
  • Cornerback Malcolm Bulter - Defensive Back (2014-17).
  • Running Back Dion Lewis - Running Back (2015-17).
  • Wide Receiver Cody Hollister - (2017-18).
  • Guard Jamil Douglas - Offensive Lineman (2016-17).
1 Like

This is going to be a hell of a game! The Titans since getting Tannehill have been fantastic. 7-3 to finish the season, and 3 of their losses were by 10 points or less. This (in my opinion) will come down to the wire. I honestly don’t know what to predict for this one. I could see a final score of

Who gets the 31, and who gets the 28… That remains to be seen. Good luck folks!

1 Like
1 Like

pats come back from 28-3 again

2 Likes

Lol, if this was any other year I would say they definitely could. But the way the offense has been this season… I think that would be a very tough challenge for the Pats to score 25 unanswered in a quarter haha.

1 Like

I rather be 31-21 Pats and the Titans score late with Tom taking a knee. I hate the NFL Stress Test!!

1 Like

Agreed! No bigger stress test than Kimbrel closing out a game in the playoffs lol!

2 Likes
2 Likes

This is the result of having too many sports “journalists” in the press room. You run out of legitimate questions before you run out of journalists.

1 Like

Someone ask him how he feels about now being second all time for receiving yards amongst Patriots line backers.

Did that one catch and run by Elandon put him ahead of Vrabel’s handful of 1-3 yard receptions?

It’s funny how we talk about bandwagon jumpers. I can’t talk. I like Seattle a bit. However I have seen 7 titans jerseys this week. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a titans jersey in my life and I have seen a ton this week. Strange… I also jumped the wagon to the Edmonton Oilers. Though I still like Ottawa. I guess I like both teams.

And Edmonton has done bad since I started cheering for them lol.

Including the playoffs Vrabel has 12 receptions for 17 yards

2 Likes
2 Likes

The New England Patriots (12-4) and the Tennessee Titans (9-7) announce the following injuries and practice participation.

THURSDAY, JANUARY 2, 2020

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (12-4)

OUT
No Players Listed.

DOUBTFUL
No Players Listed.

QUESTIONABLE
LB Ja’Whaun Bentley, Knee
DB Terrence Brooks, Groin
LB Jamie Collins, Shoulder
WR Julian Edelman, Knee / Shoulder
CB Jonathan Jones, Groin
CB Jason McCourty, Groin

TENNESSEE TITANS (9-7)

OUT
WR Adam Humphries, Ankle (DNP)

DOUBTFUL
No Players Listed.

QUESTIONABLE
WR Kalif Raymond, Concussion (LP)
WR Cody Hollister, Ankle (LP)
S Dane Cruikshank, Illness (LP)

Here is a sure fire game plan for Tennessee…

Malcolm Butler on Edelman… Brady will freak out , and MCD will have no clue what to do. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

Malcolm Butler is on IR.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll bet he’d freak out. Butler has been on IR for over a month.

1 Like

That’s actually the best news I’ve heard about this game… so far

Why? Butler is a JAG.
1 Like