Red Sox Farm System

Boston Red Sox Prospect Kyle Hart Throws Complete Game Shutout In Paw Sox Debut As They Beat Iron Pigs By A Score Of 4 To 0

Boston Red Sox prospect Kyle Hart was called up to AAA Pawtucket from AA Portland on Tuesday. He was supposed to make his AAA debut that night but the Paw Sox doubleheader was rained out. He was then supposed to pitch in game two of their doubleheader on Wednesday but because of the rain, they pushed him to Thursday.

On Thursday morning, Kyle Hart was able to throw nine shutout innings, giving up only five base hits while striking out eight batters on 108 pitches (74 strikes). This was the first complete game shutout for the Paw Sox since Shawn Haviland did it against the Buffalo Bisons on June 8th, 2017.

The Paw Sox were able to get out to a 2 to 0 lead in the fourth inning thanks to a Bryce Brentz single. Brentz has been scorching hot as of late. After going 2 for 2 on the day, he has now batted .387 in his last 10 games. Later on in the seventh inning, Jantzen Witte hit a two run shot to right center field to give the Paw Sox a 4 to 0 lead.

Kyle Hart Has The Best Start For The Paw Sox This Season

For the first time in 2 years this afternoon, a Paw Sox starting pitcher was able to pitch a complete game shutout. Kyle Hart, who was making his AAA debut on Thursday, went the distance in a 4 to 0 win for the Paw Sox. This was in a game that went only two hours and one minute.

Hart was able to work at an extremely quick pace and didn’t have a ton of hard contact off of him. In a game that Hart was able to dominate, he did get some help in the sixth inning thanks to a Bryce Brentz stealing a base hit away from Adam Haseley.

Hart had been pitching well for the Portland Sea Dogs prior to his call up to AAA Pawtucket. In his last three starts with the Sea Dogs, he pitched 21 innings giving up 8 earned runs which works out to a 3.43 ERA. Each outing went 7 innings.

The Remy Report.

10 hrs ·

I rarely post on here, I just love reading everyone else’s posts, but I’ve gotta share this because this is my boss’s cousin that just got called up from Pawtucket to pitch! He sent me an email earlier today, while he was on vacation, to let me know Mike got called up and was on his way to NY.

I should mention, my boss is a lifelong Yankees fan :joy: all trash talking aside, I know he’s going to be rooting for his fam.