Patriots' Next QB

Some of the so-called “experts” are predicting that the Patriots will trade their first-round (#32) draft pick to Arizona for Josh Rosen. The logic here is that the Cards will pick Kyler Murray with the #1 overall, thus rendering Rosen expendable.

Throw in the fact that Brady’s current contract expires at the end of next season, and you’ve got yourself a semi-believable story.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Rosen has a reasonable contract to sit and learn (Tell him blah blah blah Aaron Rodgers/Steve Young sat) from Josh and the Patriots morph the team into a Rosen system as Tom slowly retires in 2030.

1 Like

Pretty sure Brady’s replacement is currently playing Midget Football somewhere in PA.

2 Likes

On one hand, I don’t think Brady retires after 2019.

On the other, I doubt if the Patriots give him much more than a 2-year extension, with less base salary and more bonuses tied to games played.

I mean, the guy is a specimen, but is he realistically playing championship-caliber football after age 44?

1 Like

I don’t think so either but if he wins 3 in 4, while going 4 straight I would think about walking away with a giant Bird to the commissioner for all the shit he created over nothing but Shrinkage of balls in the cold.

1 Like

I’ll drink to that.