Kaepernick workout

Just a fleeting thought…

But having a guy who could do a passable initiation of Lamar Jackson or Deshaun Watson, etc might be very helpful to the defense.

2 Likes

Damn. I hadn’t thought of that aspect. Intriguing.

1 Like

I was thinking the Ravens take him and run RGIII and Keap in the backfield with Jackson for a wild and crazy leg offensive system

1 Like

I’m still surprised that nobody has taken a flyer on him yet, especially with all the starters going down.

I mean, Indy was headed to the playoffs before Brisette went down. I’m not betting on Hoyer to get them there.

As far as his taking the knee things goes, had I been the owner of his team, I would have offered him this compromise: before the National Anthem is played, we’ll all take a knee and have the crowd observe a moment of silence in support of the unjust victims of all forms of discrimination. But you’re standing your sorry ass up and honoring the Armed Forces when that National Anthem plays, or else I’m sending some folks in uniform out onto the field to make you stand up.

2 Likes

Nice. I like it. And this is basically what Jerry Jones did in Dallas minus the uniforms forcing the stand up. Hell, even Michael Bennett is standing now down there.

Ugh, christ… That’s all we’re gonna hear about for the next decade till he signs with a team.

1 Like

Basically Roger is putting it on the Owners, GM’s and coaches to get him a job. What a BS thing.

The NFL should give AB and other out of work players the same equal treatment. To not is a disservice to the other players.

IF I ran the NFL I would have offered them a workout the day the Lawsuit was decided and today release a statement saying; “We offered both players a workout on such and such a date, they refused so any attempt to get back into the NFL fall directly on them and they are free to have an open workout at any time.”

2 Likes

Well said! Fans have been asking for him for years now, they are going to be disappointed in my opinion.His last year he wasn’t that good, he is now 32 years old. Has maybe 3 or 4 good seasons left. But I’m sure a team will take him and he will be starting in no time. Chicago Bears comes to mind. Trubisky is awful, and they desperately need a QB.

2 Likes

Word is that Miami will be attending.

2 Likes

they want Tua ? Unless Kap is backup or something. Can’t see many teams starting him right off the bat, maybe Chicago or Cinci or something like that?

1 Like

No way Cinci signs him. They benched Dalton to see what they had in Finley. Bringing in Kaep to start would end that and they dont need a backup because Dalton is healthy.

1 Like

The Ravens make sense bringing him in a a backup, but Kaeps wife may have already burned that bridge

1 Like
2 Likes

this is a bullshit act. He is looking to turn it on league and sue again

1 Like

This is a longshot, but worth the try for one reason. Back when Kaep played for UNR, I remember him beating my Cal Golden Bears at least once with the “Pistol” Offense. If he can move anywhere near the way he did back then, he could at least provide a way for our defense to practice against something vaguely resembling Lamar Jackson.

1 Like

That is my thought exactly.

Hmmm even with RG3?

imagine all three running different directions not knowing who has the ball

2 Likes