Jerry Remy, longtime Red Sox broadcaster & former player, dies of cancer

Rest in Peace, Jerry :cry:

1 Like

I posted, as well. Is there any way to delete my thread? Thanks.

Merged I think.

1 Like

:cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

His 7th cancer battle, wow.

1 Like

Oh man!!! This is brutal. Holy shit this is a day ruiner. :disappointed: :sob:

1 Like

When I saw him throw the first pitch in the game agaisnt the Astros I was hopeful he was recovering. Ugh.

1 Like

68 years old too. That’s not even old.

2 Likes

So many memories of him in the booth, especially those with Don Orsillo. I’m so happy he got to throw out the first pitch on October 5th. That was heartwarming and special :heart:

1 Like

Agreed Joolz! I loved listening to him. Truly a one of a kind. Ugh…. This one will sting for a while.

1 Like

It will.:cry:

2 Likes

Was not expecting that news.

1 Like

Eck and O Brien I’m sure are so crushed today.

2 Likes

Air guitar, Pizzagate, losing a tooth, mouth-to-mouth, and more. He really had a good time in the booth.

3 Likes

Cancer is the damndest thing. Sometimes some people can be on deaths door step and recover. Other time, you have this where Remy looked pretty good October 5. And then takes a turn for the worst. Ugh.

2 Likes

Yes!!!

2 Likes

Cancer is a bitch. :cry:

3 Likes

It really is. I find it so hard to believe that in the day and age we are in that we don’t have a cure for cancer. It blows my mind that we have robots and self driving cars and treatments and vaccines and every other thing under the sun, but the leading cause of death and we don’t have a cure for it. It makes no sense to me

2 Likes

Well said.

2 Likes