iPad Battery Drain

Wasn’t sure where to put this but hope someone tech-savvy can help. I’ve Googled and have tried a few things to no avail. When unplugged my 3 year old iPad Air 2 battery started draining big time. I haven’t done anything different and use it for a few apps/games and text messaging.

Should I replace the battery? Do a factory reset?

Thanks!

I just turned off Background App Refresh to see if that helps.

To be honest Joolz sometimes apple products do that. My last I phone did that and I replaced the battery. Didn’t help. Granted my new phone has been good with no issues. How’s it working now?

2 Likes

Not sure yet. Waiting 'til it gets back up to 100% and then I’ll unplug the charger and see what happens.

1 Like

I replaced my phone battery 6 months ago, everything was fine until my agreement expired and now the new battery registers as fully healthy but drains faster than ever.

I swear the updates sabotage their products.

1 Like

This has actually been talked about in some circles about updates killing phones on purpose.

2 Likes

Odd thing though. There hasn’t been a system update in quite a while. Last one was way before the battery drain problem. Just unplugged it at 100%. I’ll see what happens.

2 Likes

Was just on it for half an hour playing a simple game (Trivia Crack) and it dropped from 100% to 94%. Thinking back I don’t think it decreased that quickly in the past.

1 Like

fun game

3 years is a long time for these types of batteries, especially with many recharging cycles. I don’t know about the ipad specifically, but it wouldn’t suprise me if a new battery would completely solve the issue.

1 Like

It’s better since I did this. I’ll wait and see before replacing the battery.

I find snap chat kills my BAttery

What’s a married dude doing on snap chat?

Man Whore. :rofl:

Lol? It’s not tinder hahahahahaha

I talk to my brothers , two friends in Alberta, and my Boss , and my spouse hahaha.

I didn’t know snap chat was for other things. Wel I’m sure some people send each other nudes

Not me. Nobody needs to see me nude lmao

1. Brother 1
  2. Brother 2
  3. Brother 3
  4. Friend 1
  5. Friend 2
  6. Boss
  7. Wife

Dude. So dead.

2 Likes

Lmao good lord what have I done hahahahahaha

It’s actually crazy. My brother and I have a 1462 day streak going. It’s insane lol

My spouse and I are at 350 I think.

2 Likes