Has Brady played his last game as a Patriot?

1 Like

I think this is what Mike was getting at on the Planet. Smart man. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

handsome too

2 Likes

Whatever you say, Tuco.

Presented as a different take

If Brady has played his last game in NE, who do you want to see taking snaps next season?

Jarrett Stidham is on the roster and seems to be getting good reviews. Cody Kessler is on the roster.

I doubt either the Bengals nor the Dolphins would be willing to trade out of their picks, and seem likely to take Burrow and Tua(assuming his hip heals well) respectively. Washington at pick 2 seems locked in on Chase Young. Detroit and the Giants pick at 3 and 4 and drafted a QB last year is the Patriots had thoughts of skipping ahead of Miami. Not sure if the Patriots have the firepower to make that jump though.

Otherwise you’re looking at picking from the Justin Herbert, Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason trio. Herbert is a big tall statue of a QB. He also is apparently something of an introvert, not a vocal leader at all. So some sort of amalgam of all the worst characteristics of Drew Bledsoe and Josh Rosen.

Fromm may not have the arm talent to be an elite NFL QB. He had a great freshman year surrounded by a national chsmpionship calibre team, slipped a little as a sophomore and had a pretty pedestrian junior year. Kind of trending the wrong way.

Eason is the one I know the least about
Mostly what I do know is that he couldn’t beat out Fromm at Georgia. Also his name us Cursed.

There are a ton of FA QBs.

Brees
Rivers
Manning

I think Brees stays in NO.

I also think Rivers is even more cooked than Brady and Manning is even more done than Rivers. Signing either if these two guys would be insanity.

Winston
Mariota

God how are these two only 26 years old? Still young enough to salvage a career, but Winston is a turnover machine and we all know how BB feels about turnovers. And Mariota is just a shell of what he was. No thanks to either of them

Ryan Tannehill. I can’t believe I’m typing this. The Titans will likely lock him up. Do we want to get in a bidding war for Ryan Fucking Tannehill? Pyrhic Victory. Look it up.

Teddy Bridgewater. I don’t hate this option, depending on the price.

Dak Prescott. By far the best option talent wise. I just dont see Jurruh letting him go.

Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, Blake Bortles, Jeff Driskel, Nick Mullins. All these guys have had some level of success starting NFL games. Not sure I want any of them starting week 1 for the Patriots though.

Not a free agent now but Andy Dalton may be expendable once the Bungles draft Joe Burrow. Jon Gruden apparently hates Derek Carr. There are a lot of rumblings locally that the Panthers would be willing to part ways with Cam Newton.

I think my top 4 non Brady options are

1. Give Stidham his shot
  2. Go hard after Teddy Bridgewater
  3. If the FO is 99% convinced Stidham could be The Guy, but needs a little more seasoning then sign a low cost vet like Keenum to start the season so they can ease Stidham in
  4. No QB. Literally snap the ball to no one and let the opposing defense recover 18 fumbles a game. I’m all in for TFT. Tanking For Trevor baby. Even if he does look like a girl.
1 Like

Bahahahah

1 Like

Clown King: Got a neg-rep machine gun handy?

:rofl:

If we’re going to do this, we should just sign Mark Sanchize.

At least his fumbles are entertaining …

1 Like

There is a lot of hand wringing in the media about old Tommy Boy, but I have a question, is it time?

Tom is the GOAT…

Tom owes us nothing…

But does it make sense to spend a fortune on any 43 year old QB?

For 20 years it’s been “Better 2 years to early than one year too late”.

I am honestly wondering if it’s time…

Well, I could go much depepr but right now I’m listening to a lecture series on the history of philosophy. Yes, this is my Friday evening. :rofl: :heart:

But I think TFB still has some left in the tank. He made that clear in his season wrap up Instagram post.

As awful as the offense was for the better part of the year Brady still ranked in the top 10 of many passing categories.

Bring the guy back and load up on weapons. It can be done, they have the chips to do it.

1 Like

I’m honestly ok either way. I hope he plays somewhere next season. I don’t want 2019 to be his final performance. But I’m ok with him staying. I’m ok with him going.

JL, I doubt his replacement will be “better” but if the reports of Tom wanting top dollar are true I’d rather have a new guy and a couple of Olineman than Tom , while 2-3 guys get cut to pay his salary.

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think anyone knows what his contract “demands” are.

This post got my 1,000th like on this board.

This from La Canfora and he’s incorrect often so take the source as it it is but it would make sense for him to see what his market is.

One thing most aren’t asking is does Belichick want him back? Seeing Hoodie all these years he likely is not over a barrel and has a game plan one way or the other.

It wouldn’t shock me if moved on. I don’t want him to but it wouldn’t shock me.

All I am fairly certain of is I do not want to see a repeat of the Gronk scenario from last year. Set a drop dead date and live with the decisions made. Imagine how different it could have been if we had J Cook as a TE this season.

4 Likes

Oh Jeez. Darth Brady is looking for a Young Apprentice to lure over to the Dark Side.

Brady also is eager to take on the role of mentor to a young quarterback, no matter where he plays, hoping to leave any organization in good shape when he retires. Part of his legacy, he believes, could be tied to seeing future generations embrace the TB12 training and lifestyle regimen that Brady strongly believes has helped him play so long at such a high level.

Um, yeah…

We had one of those guys here, he has one more game to play this season.

1 Like

There is no way they could have kept both . Jimmy was looking to break the bank with virtually no resume and Tom took the Pats to 2 SBs since Jimmy left for much less cap space.