Game Thread July 31, 2019 The Passage sniper takes on the Mushroom man

Lol, ummmmm?

Port yellow

You should quit eating spicy food

1 Like

This past off season catcher Martin Madonado was rumored to have turned down a 2 year 12mil contract from the Astros. He eventually signed with the Royals 1 year 2.5 mil, purportedly for a better chance at regular playing time.

The Royals traded him to the Cubs two weeks ago.

Today the Cubs traded him toā€¦

Wait for itā€¦

The Houston Astros.

1 Like

tenor%20(2) shell

1 Like

90 minutes to the trade deadline and RedSox Nation eerily silentā€¦

Nick Cafardo, I think said he thinks they are in on a pitcher. Canā€™t remember from where.

Looking at that pic of Sadaharu Oh, he of the 828 professional HRs from 1959 to 1980, its amazing how radical his front leg kick was considered to be during that time.

And now its considered cutting edge.

1 Like

Well done, Thep!

But I love it :frowning:

Really wish we could get another arm in the bullpen grrrrā€¦ If Martinez has to go such as life.

Looks like all the big pieces are staying put. No big trades and Iā€™m fine with that.

1 Like

Would have liked to add an arm to the bullpen, but Workman is proving to be a capable closer and we do have Eovaldi backā€¦ SO maybe we will be okā€¦ Hereā€™s hoping for a win tonight.

Lol

Orā€¦

Big trades minutes after the deadline.

Houston just acquired Grienke and some other starter.

1 Like

At least it wasnā€™t the Yankees. But the guys on MLB network were acting like the AL pennent is Houstonā€™s to lose

Aaron Sanchez from the Jays to the Astros

Ya I heard thatā€¦ I wonā€™t lie, a hot Houston team I think can beat anyone in the American League. They are that damn good and they are a complete team. 8th ranked offense and 3rd ranked pitching. That is a dangerous team assuming they are healthy. When they were healthy they won the series against the Yankees, but then the Yankees destroyed them when they were missing a few players. Itā€™s natural to say the Yankees will win it all, but even Cleveland as of late looks really good too.

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

We got this!

20 minutes left in this damn work day