Game Thread 09.05.21: Indians (Plesac) at Red Sox (Pivetta)

It’s a neat article.

Red Sox notebook: Alex Cora moving away from a traditional closer; Boston gains a game on Oakland

By masslive.com

That’s the title anyway. :joy::joy:

1 Like

BOSTON — With saves in his last three appearances, Adam Ottavino looked like he had taken over the Red Sox closer role from Matt Barnes.

But in the seventh inning Friday after the Indians had tied the game and were threatening to pull ahead, Alex Cora summoned Ottavino. The Northeastern product struck out back-to-back hitters to keep the game tied.

The Red Sox scored five times in the bottom of the inning and Ottavino earned the victory. Cora said that approach is likely to continue.

“We’re going to be aggressive when we have a chance to win,” Cora said. “We felt that was a good spot for Adam, knowing that we had (Garrett Whitlock) later in the game. … We’ll use the guys the right way. We’re going to get big outs from a lot of people.”

Unless Barnes suddenly rights himself, Boston may not use a closer the rest of the way. The Red Sox have won three straight games with three different pitchers earning saves. After Ottavino Wednesday, Garrett Richards earned a save with three innings of scoreless work Thursday. Whitlock picked up his second of the season Friday

2 Likes

Ya I figured this would happen. I’m good with it

Ottavino was doing awesome till last night. Richards is very good. Whitlock has closes. Too many guys that are good, so just go with what feels right. Barnes epically collapsed and can’t be trusted

Yankees might do the same. Chapman blew another one. He’s been terrible.

1 Like

Good article and makes sense. Of course Adam blew it hard yesterday but one offs do happen. I think I would use him the majority of the time still.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What are the wasps like where you guys live?

Aggressive bastards at the end of their life before winter so they are nuts right now.

1 Like

Wish they would die grrrrr.

1 Like

We had wasps build a ridiculously big ass nest in our chimney years ago. They were coming into the house. It was my young son and me. I tossed him in a room and closed it while grabbing my vacuum to suck them up, calling pest control in other hand with land line while trying to text hubby to get here ASAP on cell

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

But I did it.

2 Likes

Wow good for you!!!

We had a nest under our house and used a product to kill them. Think it worked.

Our winters get to -50 so it kills the bastards!!

1 Like

At this time they chase people. They get crazy lol.

1 Like

Around here, if you happen to stumble upon a bald-faced hornet nest, look out. They are incredibly dangerous.

1 Like

He gets home as pest control is spraying nest to freeze it.

He looks at me and I knew he had things to say. I think I gave him the look daring him to say anything negative.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Wow, Tyler and Joolz.

2 Likes

I’m sure you heard of the killer wasps in Japan. Thirty of them can destroy a bee hive of 30,000

2 Likes

Holy shit Joolz. Those things are insane

A few weeks ago. I think one of them landed on me. It looked just like that but it flew off. I don’t see many around here but it scares the daylights out of me. Never been stung by a hornet but have by a wasp and man do they hurt!!! They don’t stop either, they just sit there and sting or bite you multiple times.

I was also bit by a horse fly one time. Holy shit those hurt just as bad. Legit took a chunk out of my back.

1 Like

Ouch

2 Likes

Wtf !!! That’s terrifying Muse

I wish we could kill all wasps ans hornets

What is their purpose??!! They’re just assholes.

1 Like

Not only that but their bigger than regular wasps. I think some have made it to the US if I remember right.

Killer wasps their call .

2 Likes

Change of subject, we need. LOL

2 Likes

Agreed this subject is scary lol

1 hour and 10, till game time !!

1 Like