Game Thread 08.16.20: Red Sox (Mazza) at Yankees (Happ)

Go Sox!

1 Like

If this abbreviated season has taught us nothing else it has definitely proven the point that pitching wins championships.

I mean we have had some of the most consistent clutch hitters in history but without the pitching we are seeing what happens.

2 Likes

I’ll never forget When the announcer said after we won the World Series in 2018 that we are here to stay and will be good for a long time. That was short-lived LOL

1 Like

Yep like I’ve said before, becuase of all the weirdness and length of this crazy offeseaon I have forgotten a bunch. But management really seems to have screwed up the rotation.

I mean I know Chris Sale is dealing with his stuff but what the heck?

I honestly want to believe this is setting up for the future with a down year but I’m just not sure.

1 Like

Joolz in the house. Just back from the Ozarks.

Ugh. ESPN, I see :face_vomiting:

I know, right!? Should send those bastiges to the Ozark’s. :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, please :rofl:

1 Like

Did this ESPN cat, don’t know which one said it, say that the game is more democratic and fair cuz they teams aren’t using “The Shift” because of this virus.

Seriously, not a political post. I just know that there are some that are all in on wanting to ban “The Shift” and I have never understood why? It’s a strategy.

Think about banning cover zero in football because some teams don’t have the personnel to pull it off like the Pats and some others do.

I just think that’s crazy talk but open for a discussion if any disagrees.

1 Like

I didn’t even know about the non-shifting this year. Guess I’m not paying attention. In any event, I got no problem with shifting.

1 Like

“Hitterish “ isn’t a word, Alex. Gawd, do these announcers kiss Yankee butt.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t know it either so I’m not even sure it’s true but he did say earlier on a grounder up the middle, “Welcome to baseball 2020 where players are where they are supposed to be”.

1 Like

Goodnight, johnlocke, Tyler, and anyone else.

2 Likes

Goodnight, hun. Sweet dreams.

2 Likes

Good night all. Sorry I wasn’t very active. Sox are painfully hard to watch this year. Can’t make my spouse go through this pain lmao. We start off watching , and switch to other things lol.

1 Like