Game Thread 07.14.19: Dodgers (Ryu) at Red Sox (Price)

Wow. Extra innings now.

Damn! Extras it is!

After all that work, we can’t choke this one away … can we?

1 Like

This year… anything is possible

Barnes introduces Bellinger to Uncle Charlie … four times in a row.

1 Like

Well at least Blue is calling the low strike the same against both teams.

Got my kid to bed and heading there myself. Enjoy the game my man. Hope they pull it out

Another chance to walk it off.

Or squander. :expressionless:

Holy crap!!!

If the Red Sox don’t end up winning this one, now it will be a choke.

2 Likes

Oh, FFS. :unamused:

Damn. Depressing to wake up to that :frowning:

1 Like

Well. Lol. That’s how the season has gone.

Nah, don’t feel sorry for Joolz. Glad I missed it. :wink:

1 Like

Lol me too! I went to bed in the 10th I think haha.

I’m not one to over react to a single decision in a game…coaches make thousands of sections…some work…some don’t.

But Cora not even trying to bunt JBJ over to third in a tie ball game with no outs in the 11th with Mookie and Devers coming up was baffling.

1 Like

Glad I didn’t stay awake for it. Cora has made some brain dead decisions this year especially with the bullpen. The batting order floors me at times. Starting to make last year look like a fluke. It’s the Dodgers who have the number one record in the league and our starters can’t go past 5 innings so I won’t be too hard on Cora. But I do agree. His decisions this year have made me scratch my head a few times.

The whole 11th inning was a shitshow

1 JBJ doubles to lead off

2 Cora doesnt have Marco Hernandez bunt

3 Hernandez then hits a high chopper to the SS on a 3-1 pitch and JBJ inexplicably tries to advance to third and is thrown out by 10 steps.

4 Mookie then hits a DEEP fly ball to RF, with the RFer making a running catch running toward the wall, no way he throws out JBJ tagging from third. Hernandez tags from first and takes second without a throw.

5 They intentionally walk Fevers

6 X singles up the middle but the Dodger 2B man fields it in shallow CF to keep Hernandez from scoring. Again if JBJ is on third he trots home with the winning run.

7 JDM hits a weak GB to the SS who forces X at second.

2 Likes

That is a mess just reading that. I won’t even both going back to re watch any of the highlights. Like I said before Cora has made some bone headed decisions this year that just make me scratch my head. Last year maybe he got away with it because we were performing so well with the offense and the starters but this year we seem to be an average team so some of his decisions are coming back to haunt him.

I’m tell you, we need to sweep the Jays… no way around that. We are now 2.5 games out of a playoff spot and we are playing a weak ass Jays squad. Win this and get back on track, otherwise this season is going into the toilet more than it already has.

1 Like