Game Thread 04.28.19: Rays (Glasnow) at Red Sox (Sale)

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Already behind in the 1st. Robertson with a 2-run homer.

Sale just can’t piece it together :frowning:

Sale looking better at least.

Not just Sale. Nobody can piece it together. They are broken and I don’t know what it will take to fix them.

5-2 Rays on top. Last chance for Sox. Rally cap on.

Rally cap off.
Paper bag on.
:grin:

Another loss. Good times. Ugh

I didn’t panic after 14 games, and I won’t panic after 28.

If we reach, say, Game 56 and the Red Sox are still fighting over the cellar position with the Orioles (or whoever) … then I will panic.

Fair point. Still lots of baseball left. But damn. It’s frustrating

111 pitches for Sale. That was a bit high, no?

Oh, I’m not panicking, just disappointed is all. Pete Abe recently used the word “desultory” in a Tweet and I had never heard the term so I looked it up. Pretty much sums up the season so far, IMO.

des¡ul¡to¡ry

/ˈdesəlˌtôrē/

adjective

adjective: desultory

1. lacking a plan, purpose, or enthusiasm.

“a few people were left, dancing in a desultory fashion”

synonyms: casual, halfhearted, lukewarm, cursory, superficial, token, perfunctory, passing, incidental, sketchy, haphazard, random, aimless, rambling, erratic, unmethodical, unsystematic, automatic, unthinking, capricious, mechanical, offhand, chaotic, inconsistent, irregular, intermittent, occasional, sporadic, inconstant, fitful

1 Like

Heh. Desultory is an 80’s death metal band. They are actually pretty good. These Sox. Not so much.

1 Like

It will be the death of the season if they do not pop their heads out f their asses!!!

1 Like

Actually, given the “desultory” definition, the Red Sox need to pull their heads out of their half-asses.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: