Alex Cora and RedSox part ways.

Just got the report from ESPN. Wow.

I am sad to see him go and thanks for the memories but this was the right move I think.

1 Like

It really needed to happen but he is a great coach

2 Likes

Agreed. Doing something like this you can’t come back from. Smart ma anger but just no room in the game for cheating. Disgusting.

Police have executed a raid at Alex Cora’s home:

2 Likes

LOL @ buffoon Doyer fans who think that MLB will vacate the Astros’ and Red Sox’ championships and award both to Los Angeles.

I mean, vacating on its own would be a long shot. Even if they did, though, that would just mean that 2017 and 2018 would be officially listed as having no MLB champions.

1 Like

Posted in another thread:

1 Like

Yup. They made the right decision Joolz.

1 Like

So … if Cora was cheating throughout 2018 (and last year?), then his staff must have been in on it, too.

Does the whole get the old heave ho?

1 Like

Was wondering the same thing lol.

A new manager usually wants his guys on his staff even without all the scandal. I’m sure there will be more turnover once a replacement is chosen.

2 Likes

Excellent point.

On one hand, assuming the Red Sox were stealing signs in 2018, you don’t want to shame staff members who had nothing to do with it, and firing them now (for cause) could get messy from a litigation standpoint.

On the other, you might be incentivized to fire any staff members who were complicit in the alleged scheme for cause, because that probably means you don’t have to give them much of severance package. Even then, you would probably need the results of the league’s investigation in hand to defend yourself in court.

So yeah, I guess the wise course of action would be to cut these people loose, whether guilty or innocent, with a golden parachute under the guise of “the new manager wanted a new staff.”

too late to get a new staff in place, bring in Tek, add a couple guys but maintain so much of what is here.

1 Like

Valid point.