49ers @ Cards

My issue with Kyler last night was that there were a few times he got sacked when it looked like he could have gotten rid of the ball. Later in the game, he did throw it away a few times in a non-grounding manner, so at least he is picking up that skill.

I guess I can’t expect much more from a rookie than to learn from his mistakes. I had thought that the NFC West would turn into a decade-long contest between Goff and Jimmy, especially after Wilson hangs them up, but that is evolving into the “QB Division” of the NFL.

Some other thoughts on Murray:

1. He is not a one read, pull the ball down and run QB. As a guy who owns him on a few fantasy teams I wish he would pull the ball and run more. But he is not scared back there. Young QBs with mobility often panic themselves into running prematurely. This kid is not that.

2. If anything he he holds the ball too long and takes sacks he shouldn’t. Its clear he sometimes underrates the speed of D linemen and LB and takes sacks he shouldn’t. Experience and coaching should fix this though.

3. Holy shit he is fast. And so sudden. He looks like Tyreek Hill in the open field.

4. He gets down. When he runs the ball, he does not over expose himself to big hits.

1 Like