401k Reaction Thread

My comment wasn’t about Trump. In fact I have a number of issues with his economic policies. Most importantly his use of tariffs on moral and therefore practical grounds.

Some of his policies are ok though.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average tanked more than 1,900 points, while the S&P 500 plunged more than 7%. The massive sell-off triggered a key market circuit breaker in morning trading. Trading was halted for 15 minutes until reopening at 9:49 a.m. ET.

Yes, his economic policies are brilliant. Clearly.

I don’t think his economic policies have anything to do with this particular tanking.

I suppose he deserves some of the blame for his administration’s confused reaction to this coronavirus panic. Said reaction can be summed up by the following graphic:

1 Like

Man, you have no reading comprehension and have complete TDS.

Do you live in your mom’s basement and scream at the word for being so unfair?

So, when do gas prices start dropping?

What are you paying out there? Here in NH it’s close to 2 bucks a gallon. I like it. :slight_smile:

I haven’t had to tank up for a week or so. According to this website, though, it’s about the same here, which pretty much answers my question.

1 Like

You are falling for one of the great blunders of history, the first of which is never start a land war in Asia, but only slightly less obvious…

The Stock Market is NOT a proxy for the economy.

1 Like

I would say in some ways it’s a decent indicator but much like GDP it is much more complicated than just an index or whatnot.

All the inflationary things that the Fed and the government have done since 2008 has inflated a bubble.

1 Like

Yes, his “confused” reaction is putting it lightly. It would be more accurate to say that his flat out denial of the issue and then having that be proven demonstrably untrue is causing panic.

Consider Germany (I can’t post links here but I’ll quote a tweet):

@MikeDelMoro
Per the AP, Germany has more than 1,100 confirmed #Coronavirus cases, but so far just two deaths.

Experts say rapid testing early on likely resulted in more diagnosing of the infected and gave the country a chance to contain and prepare for the virus.

I haven’t followed much about what’s going on in Europe with this virus. Were those 1100 that tested positive quarantined?

1 Like

Why would quarantining be necessary?

According to the Trumptards, this is nothing more than exaggerated media hype designed to make Trump look bad. Quarantining should serve no purpose by that logic.

Of course, like everything else you true believers say, it’s not rooted in any logic.

I haven’t heard yet either man. Apparently Italy is really bad right now though n

1 Like

Yeah, I know, but the two aren’t completely uncorrelated, neither.

Well, except for in times like this, when the bipolar segment of the population all throw the “lose my natural mind” switch simultaneously.

1 Like