12.21.21 Tuesday & 1st official day of winter

Any music after 2000 is a hit or miss before 2000 that’s my happy place 1940 to 2000

I just know she was a badass, just know

3 Likes

I wasn’t much a a disco guy but as I grew older I came to appreciate the truly great artists from that era. Back then, for whatever reason, you were on one side or the other. I have an older brother & very cool older cousins. They were very influential on me & were all rockers if you will. 70’s Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, Rush, etc. You get the idea. In the 80’s I very much got into the New Wave movement. Some outstanding bands. 90’s as you know Joolz, Pearl Jam, just grabbed my attention the first time I heard that voice of Eddie Vedder & their songs were very much about what was going on in those days. Also liked, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains. Grudge was good. Then I don’t know I guess mid 90’s music really started to change & not for the better imo. And yes the Indie folk was very good.

Quick story about older cousins. We were at some family thing & my older cousins decided to go see Crosby, Stills & Nash at Blossom Music Center which is cool outdoor venue. I was probably 12 & they asked me to come along & I was more than excited about that. My ma, however, shut me down instantly. She knew what more than likely was going to be passed around & she was not going to let little 12yr old Jack participate. Parents blocking me in my tracks. Bummer. Still mad.

3 Likes

Musie, you probably don’t remember but way back on PP they were talking about how hard of a time Christina Aguilera had singing the National Anthem at a Super Bowl. I ripped her pretty hard & you were quick to respond to me that she might have been a having a hard time with that song but she still has a great voice. You were right of course but for some reason I never forgot that.

3 Likes

I’ve heard her sing acapella many times that is a pure gift given to her from God.

I believe that then I believe that now

So many people who are singers can’t sing without musicians, without an auto-tuner, without backup singers and do very well. The pure singers are ones I prefer if I can help it

2 Likes

And of course I don’t remember that at all happening, LOL, what you wrote.

3 Likes

Absolutely despise auto tuner.

3 Likes

And the National Anthem from what I understand isn’t easy to do.

3 Likes

Well I pulled a Joolzie & found it.

OSUBuckeye said:

I hope no talent Christina Aguilera watched Martina McBride sing the National Anthem at the Daytona 500 yesterday. She would have learned the correct way to perform it.

and all the other performers at the SB who have flubbed it up

sadly the list is getting long- Muse

3 Likes

And I see Musie likes her some George Clinton & Parliament

3 Likes

I do.:blush:

3 Likes

Ok, read the whole thread. Great job on finding it! If people wrote that now I’ll be even more harsh on them for dissing her.

3 Likes

Especially with the people they’ve had since, oh my gosh

3 Likes

Well someone has stolen a package off my porch for my son for Christmas. That’s my theory.

It was ship, it was coming on its way it was coming on its way it’d be here by the 21st I am told.

So I go back to check the site and it says it was delivered on the 14th. It wasn’t delivered on the 14th so either it was stolen off my porch or them telling me it’s coming on its way it’s coming on its way was a lie, I don’t know.

Do you know how you get a notification with something delivered? I never received that yet it was delivered

It was something he really wanted to. It wasn’t very expensive just 40 bucks.

I’m confident I’ll get my money back I’m not sure but I’m confident but yeah that sucks.

3 Likes

Sorry,Musie. Sounds to me like it never shipped considering no notification. Can the sender give you a tracking#?

2 Likes

And also for Muse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWH3OWfT2Y

2 Likes

So sorry, Muse :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I must have been in a bad mood that day. My behavior was shameful.

2 Likes

I’ll have to share some of my fave indie stuff from the ‘90s at some point. Maybe there’s a music thread here and I’ll throw it there or start one.

2 Likes

It would bring the post count up if I put it in the daily thread though.

2 Likes

I wish you would. I bet you have some great stuff for me to listen to that I may have never heard.

3 Likes