06.29.22 - Red Sox (Pivetta) at Jays (Manoah)

Slight change in plans with my reading. I was going to read Dr Sleep, then Black Phone Stories, then Forever Odd… But a lady at my work gave me a copy of the Shining FOR FREE :slight_smile: :slight_smile: SO I am going to start that this weekend. I will read Dr Sleep right after that.

2 Likes

It’s sickening how many people out there still think this way, and are sticking up for Houck.

Someone on Facebook last night called someone fat and old and that is why they need the vaccine. People are just incredibly rude and cruel on social media… I try and avoid most of it like the plague. People are absolutely nasty when it comes to sports and covid.

2 Likes

So… here is my question, and this is a very practical and plausible thing that could happen.

What happens if we play these guys in the wild card round? If the season ended today, we would play them in the first round of the wild card round… In Toronto because the Jays would have the top spot right now. We would again have no closer.

If Cora doesn’t address this, he should be on the hot seat. Either make it mandatory, or give someone else a chance at closing like whitlock or something like that.

2 Likes

I don’t think he could make it mandatory because of the players union. I like the idea of giving Whitlock the opportunity to close.

2 Likes

I think you’re right… Something needs to happen, Whitlock has been awesome so why not give him a look. We can’t chance a playoff series against the Jays in the first round without a closer, that’s ridiculous. I am all for Whitlock closing at this point whenever he returns.

Sounds like Whitlock is close to returning, but without Nate and still no Chris Sale, we badly need him in the starting rotation so I don’t know what Cora is going to so.

2 Likes

Pizza time.

2 Likes

Campari tomatoes, a mini cuke, a Krakus ham and provolone roll up and this.

2 Likes

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds delicious!

2 Likes

Joseph’s is good stuff!

2 Likes

You know what’s not good stuff?

Robles… Taste like shit lol jk there is no such thing, but if there was it probably would taste worse than his save percentage.

2 Likes

Jays ace, Manoah, going tonight. Nick will need to have his good stuff.

2 Likes

Keys to victory tonight:
Pivetta goes all 9
we have a 10 run lead in the 9th

I don’t see either of those happening. Makes last night’s loss that much harder.

2 Likes

I looked at Robles stats:

His last 4 innings of work, he has given up 10 hits, 7 earned runs… Not even sure why he is pitching period… It’s almost a guarantee that when he sees the field, he will blow it for us. He just flat out sucks, no other way to look at it.

Matt barnes is also injured otherwise we could maybe try him again… Man we have so many injuries, it’s beyond frustrating.

2 Likes

Let’s just hope everyone is healthy for the second half of the season

2 Likes

Agreed…
Sale
Nate
Whitlock
Barnes (for the bullpen)
Kike

All guys we need back for a nice run. Way too many injuries right now.

2 Likes

I just hope we can win tonight, somehow some way… I just really don’t want to get swept by the guys and go 2-8 against them with some tough series coming up against the Rays and yankees.

2 Likes

Leah was in bed by 8:45 last night haha. Puppy has her up at 5:30 so she has been tired. I get up around 6:15 and get Ayden ready, but the puppy usually needs to go out around 1 in the morning to pee, and then around 5:30 Getting Leah ready for the baby I guess bahahha.

2 Likes

The night before, the puppy slept through the entire night, but last night she had to get up to pee lol. She is really good! Has only peed in the house a couple of times, and when she does she pees on her pee pads that we have laying on the floor. She is pretty good for asking to go outside.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Glad to hear she’s adjusting!

2 Likes